Original post by Morgsie
I was called an idiot yesterday.

By someone on tsr? If so, don't let it get to you :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 602
Original post by cpdavis
By someone on tsr? If so, don't let it get to you :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

Yes and this morning I got crap in the Sub Chat box. A Sup;er Mod is investigating it all.

Looks like this is the one place I can seek refuge
Hope it all gets sorted, Morgsie.
Has anybody here had a community care assessment? In my report it says I should have one but since I live with my parents anyway I'm not sure what the point would be. It's not like I need a carer to come and wash me or something. :s-smilie:
hey guys..I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and since then i've really improved. I can now just about hold a full one on one conversation (still working on eye contact) and I am finding it easier to relate to other peoples' interests. At first my friends had no idea there was anything 'wrong' and I was too afraid/ashamed to tell them, because I didn't know how to cope with their reactions but they have stayed with me and are very patient, which I appreciate. There are only 5 of us in the friendship group which isn't too bad either. My brother is aspie too, we have a whole housefull. Hope you guys are ok.
Reply 606
Original post by Morgsie
Yes and this morning I got crap in the Sub Chat box. A Sup;er Mod is investigating it all.

:console: Hope that it all gets sorted soon :hugs:
Original post by Morgsie

I'm not going to offer you a 'hug' emoticon, not only because I find them cloying, but also because I have no desire to offer unnecessary impromptu contact over the internet to someone whom I have never met. However I offer you my sympathies and hope that you will continue to seek refuge in the company of our merry band of misfits.
Reply 608
Due to recent events I am taking some time out from TSR. I feel this is the safest option for me and I will return to TSR when it is safe. There are some people on here who are determined to drive me out, If I quit etc then these people have won.
Take care morgsie
Reply 610
Reply 611
Awkward moment when you post the ending of an anime as a title thread because you totally don't think about the consequences (That it could ruin it for someone)

Luckily a mod helped me to change the thread name.
*doh*
This evening was interesting:

During my assessment last month, my psychiatrist mentioned something about a possible support group. Was told on Saturday it's aimed at parents and carers; but I'm very welcome too.

Went along, introduced myself and was told that as an adult on the spectrum, (although, I'm a good 10 - 18 years younger than their children) I am useful. Useful in the sense that I can give my experiences and possibly explain some of the issues their children may have.

I got talking to a man and the subject of work came up. I explained that I'm looking for IT based work. He said that he works with cars and part of his job (amongst other things) involves having to email insurance companies, etc. He isn't sure how to do all the computing side of things and asked me for my number. Fingers crossed, I may have a job. :biggrin:
Reply 613
Original post by OU Student
This evening was interesting:

During my assessment last month, my psychiatrist mentioned something about a possible support group. Was told on Saturday it's aimed at parents and carers; but I'm very welcome too.

Went along, introduced myself and was told that as an adult on the spectrum, (although, I'm a good 10 - 18 years younger than their children) I am useful. Useful in the sense that I can give my experiences and possibly explain some of the issues their children may have.

I got talking to a man and the subject of work came up. I explained that I'm looking for IT based work. He said that he works with cars and part of his job (amongst other things) involves having to email insurance companies, etc. He isn't sure how to do all the computing side of things and asked me for my number. Fingers crossed, I may have a job. :biggrin:

That is great news, hope it all works out for you. Is he on the spectrum too or does he have kids on the spectrum?
Oh I don't think I noticed this thread before!
Original post by Anon420
That is great news, hope it all works out for you. Is he on the spectrum too or does he have kids on the spectrum?

Reply 616
I think it's pretty stupid that you need evidence to have a needs assessment of your autism, i'm having trouble where to find it, and it would usually be from when I was diagnosed which was at about 7 years old, now that was 14 years ago, and I am worried that the people who keep this evidence would only keep it for 10 years or so and then get rid of it as if they don't care about me or anyone for that matter. I know this should be in student finance section but I think that if I don't get the evidence, does it mean that my autism doesn't exist, people know I have a learning difficulty but no real evidence to show them.

And without the proper support at university, I will struggle and won't cope well and it will contribute to a bad end result. I think i'm screwed because you can't get diagnosed again for another 3 years or so once you tell the people that you have ASD.

This has got to be the ****test education system in the world, these stupid people need to get their act together, and partially blame the government for this ****!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nmr1991
I think it's pretty stupid that you need evidence to have a needs assessment of your autism, i'm having trouble where to find it, and it would usually be from when I was diagnosed which was at about 7 years old, now that was 14 years ago, and I am worried that the people who keep this evidence would only keep it for 10 years or so and then get rid of it as if they don't care about me or anyone for that matter. I know this should be in student finance section but I think that if I don't get the evidence, does it mean that my autism doesn't exist, people know I have a learning difficulty but no real evidence to show them.

And without the proper support at university, I will struggle and won't cope well and it will contribute to a bad end result. I think i'm screwed because you can't get diagnosed again for another 3 years or so once you tell the people that you have ASD.

This has got to be the ****test education system in the world, these stupid people need to get their act together, and partially blame the government for this ****!

There is something about how if it's a learning disability, (as opposed to a physical disability) the assessment must be from when you were at least 16.
I need advice please:

Short version - for the past 8 years or so (I think - either way, it's been going on for far too long) I have been obsessed with a friend of mine.

He said something a few years ago and I said nothing - I didn't say yes or no.

This year seems to have been really difficult. I don't think we've talked properly at all. :frown:

I have asked a few times if we can talk and he got a bit ****ty about it. He explained it's because that's all I ever say to him.

A few weeks ago, he said that he'll be talking at The Autism Show and I asked if we could meet up. He said that he'll see me then. We didn't talk at all and he said that he didn't see me at all after his speech.

All he's done for the past week is ignore me. I asked him if he had something and when I asked him to email me, he ignored me. He is still refusing to speak to me.:frown: Well, he's said two or three things to me; but we've not actually talked properly at all. Can't remember the last time we really talked.
Hello thread users,

It was recently suggested to us that the TSR Asperger's Society could perhaps be moved from where it is currently in health over to mental health. As people tend to have a variety of opinions on this, I thought it best to ask beforehand if there were any objections to the thread being moved?

Please quote this post if you have anything to say on the matter and your views will be taken into consideration :smile:

fire2burn
H&R Moderator

Quick Reply

Latest