The Student Room Group

Ladies? Was your first time a big occassion or is it a lot of hype?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This sounds virtually the same as what will happen to me. I don't want to reveal I'm a virgin to anyone as I'm 20 and feel too embarrassed particularly as the guy I'm seeing is on my university course and I wouldn't want it spread around, I'd planned to say I hadn't had sex in a few years or something if it was really tight. Thanks!!

Yeah I had just turned 21 when I lost it, and I was really embarrassed about being a virgin (even though looking back no one actually cared). So no one apart from my close friends knew and people just assumed I'd had sex, so I just went along with it. The guy I lost it to just assumed I wasn't a virgin and I'd made out like I wasn't so when he saw that I was really nervous and he couldn't fit it in he said "I don't know how many guys you've been with before?" and I just said "It's just been a long time so I'm nervous" and he seemed to buy it. I relaxed and then everything was fine, there wasn't any blood or pain and I really enjoyed it, so that probably helped to convince him! Looking back, I don't think he would have cared if I told him I was a virgin, but at the time I didn't want to tell him incase he freaked out and didn't want to be the one to take my virginity. We weren't in a relationship, so I was worried he would be funny about it.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
if hes a decent enough guy he shouldn't mind or spread rumours and nor should the other people on your course care. I'm 20 and a virgin and I was sorta seeing someone before I came home for the summer and when I told him I was a virgin he reacted positively.

I know he won't care, but it's a pride thing and unless I HAVE to say (ie, start bleeding like crazy) I won't say anything incase things turn sour and he starts talking badly about me. Why didn't you sleep with him then?
My first time was only a tiny pain for about 10 seconds then it all went smoothly. Yes, there was blood but it certainly wasn't rivers of the stuff. I didn't tell the guy I was a virgin, but when we hooked up again I said I was new to sex. he may have guessed but has never let on :smile:
Mine wasn't that painful, only for a few seconds. But it wasn't that great. Although, I don't see it as a big deal and I knew at the time that I didn't love my boyfriend at the time. Thinking back, we shouldn't have been a couple but it was my first real relationship and I didn't really know what I was doing. But I think if you really like a guy it would be much better and it definitely shouldn't put a guy off, not if he's decent anyway.
Reply 44
I was one of those lucky people, it didn't hurt at all, it was just very enjoyable. For me it was very special and I'll always remember it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by almosttrue
would you care if a 30 year old was a virgin though?

Not at all, everybody has reasons for things.
This is really interesting, thanks for posting! I am 18, going to uni and never done more with a guy than touching with clothes on. I use a tampon most times for my period, but only one finger is comfortable..never tried two but I don't really want to.
I originally thought when I was going to uni that I wanted to lose my virginity before, and then it would make me less judged, but it doesn't look like that will be happening - no boyfriend, no one on the horizon. So then I thought I would just get it out the way at uni, but that's making me more scared now, and I do want it to be special. If I do bleed, then that could be awkward too.
Also, any advice for shaving? I do shave...but what is an average guys view on hair? My last boyfriend said a brazilian or a landing strip...this is all so crazy for me!
Reply 47
My first time wasn't a big deal for me at all. I wasn't in a relationship with the guy but we'd been seeing each other for a while and i dont think he knew I was a virgin. It didn't hurt at all and i didn't bleed, it was a bit difficult to get in at first but that wasn't because of my hymen (I know i'd broken that horse riding) but i think i was a little bit tense. Once we got started it was fine and actually kinda alright.
I lost it to my boyfriend, I'd been with him 18 months at the time so we were pretty prepared for it and he was lovely about it.
It hurt a little bit for me but it wasn't unbearable. Just let the guy know that it's your first time and take it slow.
Physically, I enjoyed it but emotionally it was not worth it. I definitely think I should have waited till I was a bit older and more sure about what I wanted. At the time I was still quite immature.

I enjoyed sleeping with the person after I lost my virginity to more, because I felt like he respected me more and there was no pressure.
My first time was a few days ago.
We didn't plan it, things just kind of progessed to that point and it just happened :rolleyes:.
I didn't bleed and it didn't hurt, but it was kind of uncomfortable for a while. But my boyfriend was very gentle about it (he's had sex in previous relationships).
It wasn't exactly great sex but there are no regrets :smile:
Reply 51
My first time was lovely. Yeah, it hurt, but I'd been with the guy for 8 months (we waited till we were both 16), so I felt completely ready. The trick is to be really relaxed and make sure you're with the right person. Sex is great. I remember afterwards, we went for a walk and we were both smiling like crazy :smile: Sex is definitely not over-rated, if anything it's under-rated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending