The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Music 15th June 12

Hey,

Anyone doing this spec? OCR Music for A2...

...I'm studying Programme Music (Vivaldi, Berlioz and Macmillan)

... Just a discussion about revision and any help you want :smile:

J
Reply 1
anybody on ocr doing popular music?
Original post by jameskealey
Hey,

J

Hey! I'm doing Vivaldi, Berlioz and Macmillan too!!! Id you have ANY revision tips that would be fantastic! I'm so stuck on revision :frown:
Reply 3
Is anyone doing the Song topic?
What are you using for example of consort music?
Reply 4
Hey! I'm doing popular music and film music :biggrin:
Good luck to all :smile:
Music for the stage tomorrow - so Purcell, Wagner and Bernstein for me :smile: good luck everybody!
Reply 6
Not sure how everyone else is revising but I am doing spider diagrams of different topics (harmony/tonality and technology etc.)
Reply 7
heyy im doing the song topic and iv given up on Dowland related rep its just too frustrating i just hope we get a good schumann or Maxwell Davies question or i'm screwed :s-smilie:
Reply 8
does anyone know for popular music is there always only one norah jones question? i just hate norah jones and there isn't much to say so banking on the other two questions
Reply 9
Original post by Jameskealey
Hey,

J

Woo, programme music! I'm doing that.

I think I'm confident on the set works. Not so much on the comparisons though. I'm not entirely sure how much we have to know about those.

I made some summary notes over the half term to revise, and our teacher set us some practice/example essay q's so I've been using those too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
yeahh what pieces have people studied for the comparison in the listening and how do you structure your answer? its the only thing im still unsure of..
Reply 11
Original post by torz27
does anyone know for popular music is there always only one norah jones question? i just hate norah jones and there isn't much to say so banking on the other two questions

I think there always is but I am not certain :frown: Sorry.
Reply 12
************ all my case studies for West Side story (music for the stage) aren't post-1945, they're written in the 10 or so years before it! will it matter too much?!
Reply 13
Original post by blue_star221
Music for the stage tomorrow - so Purcell, Wagner and Bernstein for me :smile: good luck everybody!

which case studies have you done for comparison for bernstein?
Reply 14
Original post by tashberg13
heyy im doing the song topic and iv given up on Dowland related rep its just too frustrating i just hope we get a good schumann or Maxwell Davies question or i'm screwed :s-smilie:

Thanks god someone feels the same!
Yeah I've focused way more on the other two as well because the Renaissance is so unclear (lets be honest, they didn't even know what they were doing back then anyway :P).
Fingers crossed.
Good luck!
Reply 15
Original post by RWMus
Thanks god someone feels the same!
Yeah I've focused way more on the other two as well because the Renaissance is so unclear (lets be honest, they didn't even know what they were doing back then anyway :P).
Fingers crossed.
Good luck!

which questions did you do in the end? and also how did people find the listening?
Reply 16
Original post by tashberg13
which questions did you do in the end? and also how did people find the listening?

I did the Maxwell Davies (dream question!) and the Dowland/Italian madrigals because I didn't think I had enough on character pieces to write an essay soley about that.
What did you do?
I thought the listening was fine, although we were lucky because we'd covered some child of our time in lessons as a potential work for the comparison listening question. Lucky I guess! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by RWMus
I did the Maxwell Davies (dream question!) and the Dowland/Italian madrigals because I didn't think I had enough on character pieces to write an essay soley about that.
What did you do?
I thought the listening was fine, although we were lucky because we'd covered some child of our time in lessons as a potential work for the comparison listening question. Lucky I guess! :smile:

ahahahaa omg we did the tippett aswell.. but the stupid department had only covered one vocal piece and one choral piece so i had to make up a load of rubbish about by the rio grande by lambert.. and i did the maxwell davies and character pieces.. what did u write for the maxwell davies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending