The Student Room Group

Would you text someone knowing you will always have to initiate?

Even though that person may like you, he/she'll never, or rarely, initiate a convo so it'll always have to be you. Would you do so or just leave it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sound pretty much like every single girl that is stuck up their arse.
If its really worth it then yes, if its semi worth it than give it a think.
Reply 2
Original post by lad-lad
Sound pretty much like every single girl that is stuck up their arse.
If its really worth it then yes, if its semi worth it than give it a think.

I like her a lot but I don't know if I should text. That said, she used to be the one who mainly did.
If she likes you she'll most probably be worried about seeming "desperate" or bothering you.
Reply 4
Original post by qwerty_mad
I like her a lot but I don't know if I should text. That said, she used to be the one who mainly did.

As the guy above said, I think its no harm texting just make sure she doesn't feel that you are needy etc. otherwise it is game over.

Girls are ghey like that, they think they shouldn't text first because they should be chased not the other way round.
Reply 5
You can never tell, some girls will always initiate, some as rule just don't.
Text her to try and get her out and if she comes agrees that's more telling as to whether or not she likes you than back-and-forth text mind games.
Reply 6
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
If she likes you she'll most probably be worried about seeming "desperate" or bothering you.

That's one of the reasons I'm reluctant on texting so it could be. Bit she has to like me for that. Now that I doubt.
Reply 7
Original post by lad-lad
As the guy above said, I think its no harm texting just make sure she doesn't feel that you are needy etc. otherwise it is game over.

Girls are ghey like that, they think they shouldn't text first because they should be chased not the other way round.

Yeah I know. Cheers for the advice.
Reply 8
Original post by JD.27
You can never tell, some girls will always initiate, some as rule just don't.
Text her to try and get her out and if she comes agrees that's more telling as to whether or not she likes you than back-and-forth text mind games.

Yeah definitely agree with that but I doubt I'll have the guts to spend time with me.
I am in this situation now.

I am always the one having to initiate it. What I don't get is he says he likes me but he's busy getting his life back on track - same excuse for about 2-3 weeks or even longer. I don't get how he being busy gives him no time to text me first for once when he finds time to Xbox, Game and see friends..
Guess I should realise he's lying to me..
*sigh*
Reply 10
Original post by Staceycake
I am in this situation now.

I am always the one having to initiate it. What I don't get is he says he likes me but he's busy getting his life back on track - same excuse for about 2-3 weeks or even longer. I don't get how he being busy gives him no time to text me first for once when he finds time to Xbox, Game and see friends..
Guess I should realise he's lying to me..
*sigh*

Yeah I see but with me I'm only assuming she won't contact me. But you should really ask where you stand with him.
Yeah I see but with me I'm only assuming she won't contact me. But you should really ask where you stand with him.

But as you say she's been the one to initiate it in the past, right? So just take the risk and hope all goes well.

Ah I have I just get "I like you, I am just not ready for anything right now" + "It's just bad timing in my life" With that said he's on a dating site everyday..
Reply 12
Original post by Foo.mp3
If there's the prospect of getting laid (with someone relatively attractive).. you'd be a mug not to :tongue:

I'm not looking to get laid. I see this girl as long term, marriage partner. She's that sort of girl.
Reply 13
But as you say she's been the one to initiate it in the past, right? So just take the risk and hope all goes well.

Ah I have I just get "I like you, I am just not ready for anything right now" + "It's just bad timing in my life" With that said he's on a dating site everyday..

Yeah she did but it was because we were doing the same course.

I could be wrong but it seems he's toying with you and, hope you don't mind me saying, he probably isn't interested in you. Hope that's not the case though.
Reply 14
Original post by Foo.mp3
You're looking for a sexless marriage!? :tongue:

Whether you rationalise it in this way yourself or not, you are looking to get laid son, unless you're A-sexual. Now you have two options: get laid classy, or get laid quick

The former will increase the chances of something sustainable long term - it's incredibly important to frame a relationship well in the early stages, first and foremost this means not being a bitch

Beyond that, I'm afraid it's very difficult to give bespoke advice in such a situation without a wealth of information about the girl, the stage you two are at, and the way you two relate..

Lool good one.

But nah, I see what you're saying. Describing how we relate will take forever.
Reply 15
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well what stage are you at? Mostly my advice comes down to: life's too short (to play games, including guessing/chasing games) + if a girl's interested, you'll know

Like I said in a previous post, although she would initiate most text convos, they were related to our work as we did the same course. That said, there was quite a fair bit of flirting and teasing. Plus in person we were awkward around each other and she would behave in ways with other guys that she would never with me.
Yeah she did but it was because we were doing the same course.

I could be wrong but it seems he's toying with you and, hope you don't mind me saying, he probably isn't interested in you. Hope that's not the case though.

Yeah I realised a few weeks ago :mad:, although I am still stupid enough to keep texting him.. Although I went 2 or 3 days before and not one text off him.. Ah well I am going to stop for good this time.
Reply 17
Yeah I realised a few weeks ago :mad:, although I am still stupid enough to keep texting him.. Although I went 2 or 3 days before and not one text off him.. Ah well I am going to stop for good this time.

This is precisely the reason why I don't wanna text her. I know it'll always be left up to me. Though today my mate encouraged me to text her saying at least I would have done my part, which is kinda true. I think it's the same with you.
This is precisely the reason why I don't wanna text her. I know it'll always be left up to me. Though today my mate encouraged me to text her saying at least I would have done my part, which is kinda true. I think it's the same with you.

Did you do so? I hope so.
Yeah each time I did my part, rarely got anything back so I have gave up.
Yesterday when I texted him saying how I am always the one texting him, if I didn't for days or weeks he still wouldn't text me first. His reply was "I'm sorry, I've been busy over the past few weeks trying to get my life on track, I wasn't trying to be rude"
Reply 19
Did you do so? I hope so.
Yeah each time I did my part, rarely got anything back so I have gave up.
Yesterday when I texted him saying how I am always the one texting him, if I didn't for days or weeks he still wouldn't text me first. His reply was "I'm sorry, I've been busy over the past few weeks trying to get my life on track, I wasn't trying to be rude"

I haven't yet lol. I just don't wanna be in your situation. Though knowing myself I would not text again until she does.

Didn't you mention in a post earlier how he's been on Facebook, Xbox and whatnot? Maybe you could ask him about that? But it doesn't appear fair how he's treating you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending