The Student Room Group

How long does it take study one A level?

Kinda random, but does anyone know how many hours there are in studying an A level?
well i did health and social care in a year i had 4 as lessons and 4 A level lessons a week (2 1 hour and 2 1 hour 20) and then we were recommended to do at least the same again at home
so rough guesstimate..
lets say 18 hours a week... for 9 months.. so if recommended minimum hours - 648 hours... 27 days ... start now dont stop dont eat drink or sleep and you could do it in month :biggrin:... theoretically...
x
Reply 2
Original post by porcelainwhite
Kinda random, but does anyone know how many hours there are in studying an A level?

Supposedly it takes 360h on average.

However I'd guess that if you're smart and not in a classroom you can do it a lot faster.
Reply 3
my teachers always said you should do 6 hours of extra work on top of lessons. But this includes homework, revision, further reading etc. Still didn't happen for me though :ashamed2:
Reply 4
When I'm in revision mode. About a week.
probably like a week 2 weeks if you just studied.
For one A level?

10 hours a week for 8-9 months at AS is 320-360 hours.

10- 11 months at A2 at 10hrs/week is 400-440 hours.
I reckon if you dedicated 6 hours to the A level a day (excluding weekends) you could probably study the whole thing in about 2 months. Having said that. I'd say probably longer for sciences (due to the fact that theres so much to be learnt).
Depends on the grade you're looking for, how fast you can read and write and how good your short term memory is. If you're good at all of those you could probably get a C to an A in 30-40 hours of studying and doing past papers plus some serious cramming before the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest