The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

When are re-sits?

As the title asks, any rough idea when the re-sits are?

Thank You :smile:
Reply 1
August(ish) for our department (Chemistry). I'd assume the rest are around the same time, but it would be a better idea to ask the lecturers than us.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
IIRC all re-sits were moved to August, when they re-wrote regs 2 years ago... best you ask your department once you know you will taking re-sits, but they have notified you when they shall roughly be, as all departments warn students not to take holidays at certain times of summer.
Reply 3
As beaver said, all resits are late august going into first week of september

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by orionmoo
As beaver said, all resits are late august going into first week of september

Not all actually, there were some for our course earlier this week. Bit of an unusual situation though as it's resits for people who are on placement years.
Reply 5
Original post by Dan1909
Not all actually, there were some for our course earlier this week. Bit of an unusual situation though as it's resits for people who are on placement years.

But what if their pty isnt over? Mine isnt til august..

Reply 6
Original post by orionmoo
But what if their pty isnt over? Mine isnt til august..

Then they have to come back, hopefully they're not too far away! No matter when the time the exams some people will still be on placement, so they just lump them in with the end of year exams for the following year I guess.
Reply 7
Original post by Dan1909

Re-sits for some level 2 exams happen, during the normal exam period, them being placement year students makes sense sa to why they are taken then, guess they just have to take days off.

Quick Reply