The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

I think the rejection emails have come through , I've got mine. Anyway, good luck to all the local council interviewees !
Reply 521
Has anyone who's applied to an info day got a response at all? This is the only thing that annoys me with the NGDP, you send an email in advance and never get a reply!
I just got the confirmation through of the info day on Thursday.
I have my confirmation for London and just booked a room in the easy hotel as its actually cheaper than going to London Thursday morning

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 524
Even the LGA is taking part this year. How unusual.
There are only 130 of us left out of 2500 applicants so well done to everyone who made it this far! Does anyone know roughly how many people each council is willing to take on? I assume it is more than one since there are 44(45 with the LGA) participating councils and 130 of us so it seems likely they each may be taking on 2-3 people.

Please clarify this if you know anymore information.

Thanks all!
Reply 526
Hello everyone, first time poster here. I am also through to the IV stage so I thought I would finally get involved in the discussion.

I doubt that all of the participating councils are offering more than one job, although I suppose it is possible.

Does anyone know if we can defer our entry onto the programme for a year if we are successful at the interview stage? A few people have also briefly mentioned deferring for a year if you are rejected at the IV stage, and skipping straight to interview the following year.

Does anyone know if either of these options are available? Given the constantly changing nature of funding and participating councils from year year, I suspect that it is highly unlikely, but I just thought I would ask :biggrin:
Reply 527
Im guessing you guys weren't at the info day today. It varies, some councils are taking on two. It depends really. Some of the eastern regions are only doing the one, yet most of the London Boroughs are doing between 2 and 4 placements.

But Avituss I will answer your questions in the following:

1. If you pass the interview stage, you CANNOT defer. The Councils will want you start the following October. If you were rejected (I prefer the term unlucky personally...) then you CAN defer straight to the interview stage.

2. As above.
Original post by stormstar
Im guessing you guys weren't at the info day today. It varies, some councils are taking on two. It depends really. Some of the eastern regions are only doing the one, yet most of the London Boroughs are doing between 2 and 4 placements.

But Avituss I will answer your questions in the following:

1. If you pass the interview stage, you CANNOT defer. The Councils will want you start the following October. If you were rejected (I prefer the term unlucky personally...) then you CAN defer straight to the interview stage.

2. As above.

Thank you for the information. I would love to have attended an information day but I had already taken a day off work for the second stage of the assessment centre so I couldn't take another so soon after it. Good to hear that some are taking up to 4! Do you know exactly how many places are on offer to? Thank you.
I didn't attend the information day either. Just picked my councils...
Original post by HighestKungFu
Thank you for the information. I would love to have attended an information day but I had already taken a day off work for the second stage of the assessment centre so I couldn't take another so soon after it. Good to hear that some are taking up to 4! Do you know exactly how many places are on offer to? Thank you.

Around 90 is the highest it's ever been I think and there's just short of 50 of us this year so I'd guess it'll be around the 60-70 mark tops. So there's still a bit of competition to go but keep your head up - you've already battled off a LOT of people.
Reply 531
Has anyone heard about any interviews yet? Encouraged by the 'at least two' stuff from Ami yesterday, but just want to get one in the bag!
Original post by ajs12345
Has anyone heard about any interviews yet? Encouraged by the 'at least two' stuff from Ami yesterday, but just want to get one in the bag!

So far I've got 3. You should hear soon I think :smile:.
Reply 533
Ah good news, thanks!
Reply 534
I've got one so far, not my preference unfortunately. Still let's see how the day goes. Trying to get time off with work should be fun...
Hi all,

Has anyone received their second stage assessment centre expenses yet?

Thanks.

HKF.
Original post by HighestKungFu
Hi all,

Has anyone received their second stage assessment centre expenses yet?

Thanks.

HKF.

I haven't even received my first ones back yet, have you?
Did you guys scan your receipts in and send them as an email? Or post them with hard copies? Or just sent the claim without?

I need to send my 2nd assessment centre ones off before I go away tomorrow.

Thanks.
Original post by alicefward
Did you guys scan your receipts in and send them as an email? Or post them with hard copies? Or just sent the claim without?

I need to send my 2nd assessment centre ones off before I go away tomorrow.

Thanks.

I sent my confirmation e-mail for my train ticket (with the details of journey, price etc) with the form they provided to us. You can also provide hard copy receipts and tickets as well.
Reply 539
I have been offered 1 interview but not too happy about where it is. Have most people been offered more than 1? I will of course attend but I'm hoping to get at least 1 other!

Quick Reply