The Student Room Group

No strings attached relationships

So I'm in one of these. We meet, have fun, enjoy ourselves. Sometimes we go for meals/ parties together and people know we're 'together' but we're not a couple in the traditional sense. For me, it's perfect. Others think it is nothing more than a glorified '**** buddy' situation.

What about everyone else? Do you have an opinion on this kind of relationship? I personally agree with it for both people who are not ready to commit.
Reply 1
I don't see a problem as long as both people are honest about the fact they don't want it to go anywhere. It's a safer way to get sex than sleep with strangers you don't trust. I personally think that most people have to experience something other than simply a string of long-term relationships. That's just my opinion.
Reply 2
The problem with this is sometimes one of the people develops feelings for the other...
Reply 3
Original post by Snorrrlax
The problem with this is sometimes one of the people develops feelings for the other...

Yeah people have to think about what they're getting into. So they have to realise the risk it carries...and know themselves so if they get attached easily, they don't go into that.

Personally, that stuff isn't my cup of tea. I don't see the point in having a fake relationship just for sex. It's an unusual arrangement but not exactly 'wrong'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending