The Student Room Group

BTEC ICT National Diploma - Level 3 [Unit 14 - Event Driven Programming]

Hey,

Currently on the event programming assignment and finding it quite difficult. I've found this forum so thought I'd give it a try!

I need to explain the key features of event driven programming and I need to cover the following aspects:

Service oriented

Time driven

Event triggers

Event handlers

Event loops

Idle time

Suitability to GUI

Ease of development

Has anyone does this assignment and can give me some help/guidance? I grasp the basic concept of the above but I'm finding it difficult to put that into paragraphs and provide examples.

Thanks in advance for any help, also feel free to inbox me if you're currently doing the course and need some guidance and I'll do my best to help you :smile:
Reply 1
Anybody?
Reply 2
Original post by CForce
Hey,

Currently on the event programming assignment and finding it quite difficult. I've found this forum so thought I'd give it a try!

I need to explain the key features of event driven programming and I need to cover the following aspects:

Service oriented

Time driven

Event triggers

Event handlers

Event loops

Idle time

Suitability to GUI

Ease of development

Has anyone does this assignment and can give me some help/guidance? I grasp the basic concept of the above but I'm finding it difficult to put that into paragraphs and provide examples.

Thanks in advance for any help, also feel free to inbox me if you're currently doing the course and need some guidance and I'll do my best to help you :smile:

Btec book from my college library had all this stuff in.
I did this in Level 2. It was most similar to this anyway, just Google on those subjects and you will find the information for most of them, try to learn them and what they're about mostly so you're gaining knowledge about the subjects aswell.
Reply 4
Yeah the book your college gave you and google was what i used to explain these.

If not, ask some guys in your class to help, someone will know and help.
Reply 5
Ask the teacher?

My teacher who taught me this was terrible, he just gave us the program and told us to make some small changes too it etc ...

The BTEC book from Edexcel is one of the best things i have ever purchased though, it helps sooo much, or there should be some in the library.
Reply 6
Original post by ± Dan ±
Ask the teacher?

My teacher who taught me this was terrible, he just gave us the program and told us to make some small changes too it etc ...

The BTEC book from Edexcel is one of the best things i have ever purchased though, it helps sooo much, or there should be some in the library.

You think that's terrible? I had to make my visual basic program from scratch with no experience whatsoever, little time for lectures, and all I knew off by heart was how to use if statements.
Reply 7
Original post by nmr1991
You think that's terrible? I had to make my visual basic program from scratch with no experience whatsoever, little time for lectures, and all I knew off by heart was how to use if statements.

Wow that is a lot worse, but I guess if you have made some sort of program you have probably learnt a lot more than what I did from just messing around changing some small things.
Reply 8
Actually I just ended up with a 100% working program built from 'if statements', you wouldn't see any loops or other features. The lecturer wrote in the stuff that I either didn't do right or what he wanted it to be like. In case you're wondering, the program was pretty much a calculator with 2 input boxes, and another box that makes the total. Pretty basic and I could have done something more constructive.

Quick Reply

Latest