The Student Room Group

What should I do at University?!

Just finished my AS exams, just gone back to start my A Level courses! I took History, English, Maths and Chemistry, but considering dropping History (I absolutely hate one of the topics we're studying!)

Anyway, I have no idea what to do at University, and with teachers encouraging us to start drafting personal statements now I'm starting to panic a bit :')

I've considered a career in law, but I also really enjoy maths! Any suggestions welcomed :smile:

Thank youuuu!
Reply 1
this isn't really something anyone can decide but yourself! have you got a flare for anything? or have any career ideas been sticking out to you for a while, or any you keep going back to?
I'd been changing my mind since year 10, but always kept going back to teaching, therefore I'm starting an English degree in September to start me off!
It has to be something you enjoy, or you'll hate uni and regret it! :smile:
Reply 2
If you enjoy maths then do that? You can always do a law conversion course after it.
Original post by lizzloo
Just finished my AS exams, just gone back to start my A Level courses! I took History, English, Maths and Chemistry, but considering dropping History (I absolutely hate one of the topics we're studying!)

Anyway, I have no idea what to do at University, and with teachers encouraging us to start drafting personal statements now I'm starting to panic a bit :')

I've considered a career in law, but I also really enjoy maths! Any suggestions welcomed :smile:

Thank youuuu!

With those A levels Law is a good subject. Maths may be a bit difficult as a lot of universities ask for Further Maths as well. Could you maybe do this in your A2 year?

Other uni courses you could do:
English
Chemistry
Archaeology
Anthropology
Architecture
International Relations
Land Economy
Sociology
Politics
Linguistics
Philosophy
Theology
Film Studies
History (yup, most don't require the A level)
History of Art
Ancient History
Psychology
Even some medicine courses!
Reply 4
Original post by lizzloo

Thank youuuu!

Hey there fellow Welshie!

If you're good at chemistry then I'd seriously recommend Chemical Engineering. It's very maths and chemistry based, and it's such a good degree. Bare in mind that it will be quite difficult though.

Pob lwc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending