The Student Room Group

'80% of men unhappy with looks', are you one of them.......?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
Oh come on. At least men can get hot girls even if they're ugly - as long as they get rich. Us girls don't have that luxury.

Yeah you do. You think guys would reject a sugar mama? **** no. If you ain't got any tits/ass, then go get plastic surgery and as long as it isn't ****ing ridiculous problem shall be solved.
Reply 41
Original post by Aisha~~
No one who gets as big as Arnie does it for women...there's much more to life than that.

Original post by sconter
we lift to look how we want to look, not how you want us to look.

That's fair enough. I was just clearing the misconception some guys have of feeling like they have to be that hench to look attractive.
Reply 42
Original post by Lollyage
Yes well I go to the gym too, to gain muscle. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve your appearance, but there's a point where it just gets to be too much IMO. I'm not into skinny, like someone else was suggesting, I actually quite like big arms and toned features, but not so much so that he ends up looking like his life depends on getting super-hench.

I still can't believe there are guys out there who think they have to look like that to attract most girls tbf.

Men that are that big couldn't care less how much female attention they receive. They do it for other things other than appearance.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Yeah you do. You think guys would reject a sugar mama? **** no. If you ain't got any tits/ass, then go get plastic surgery and as long as it isn't ****ing ridiculous problem shall be solved.

But men prefer "natural" beauty. :rolleyes: I can't win, can I?
Reply 44

Some do. Some don't.
Reply 45
I'm definitely one of them, I also classically overcompensate with confidence.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
Oh come on. At least men can get hot girls even if they're ugly - as long as they get rich. Us girls don't have that luxury.

says who?

No, they don't. They don't like caked-up women e.g. face is orange but they loved a women who can pull of make-up subtly e.g. Jessica Alba in most of her pictures. Same with body. Don't get something ridiculous and make sure it's in proportion to your body and you shall be okay. Men aren't homogeneous. Some will prefer X, others Y.
Reply 48
That's fair enough. I was just clearing the misconception some guys have of feeling like they have to be that hench to look attractive.

henchness = k.attractiveness , for every girl on the planet
Reply 49
99% of women unhappy with looks. True facts.

You know that men value personalities as well right, or at least I do? You can be the most attractive girl in the world, but have an ugly personality, and that's what'd make you "ugly" - not the fact that you don't consider yourself as attractive on the outside

Also, I preferred you as a person when you're trolling consisted of slating any one who disregarded Oxbridge etc... and now it's just "I'm ugly, I'm racist but I don't want to say it, I'm insecure" etc...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
I'm average looking I'd say, average to most girls, quite attractive to some. I'm really skinny because I can't be bothered working out, but I have a girlfriend and I've never had a problem in the that department so I'm completely happy with how I look!

Yes it'd be nice to be absolutely gorgeous but there's no point losing sleep over it.
Original post by bmqib
says who?

Im so academic - thats who :biggrin:

That's still pretty common. I have that misconception. But it seems to increase your chances a hell of a lot. I know not to take it to that extreme, but I also know that big and ripped (within reason) gives you an advantage over others.

The other problem is women find personality qualities, such as humour, confidence, etc, as as attractive. But it's really hard for us to measure how confident or funny we are. It's seriously hard to tell if you're improving your confidence or your humour, and where you stand on the scale versus other guys. With muscle building, it's pretty obvious where you stand. So a lot of guys focus on it with a bit too much effort, neglecting everything else. Because at least they can be certain they're getting somewhere.
Reply 54
Original post by hiding12
Was reading today that apparently 4 out of 5 men are unhappy with the way they look/certian aspects of their body. Obviously there is a bit more of a stigma for a man to complain about his looks than women, so are you one of them? How happy are you with how you look?

What's interesting to know is WHY this men are unhappy about how they look. I look fine!
I am grateful for the way my Creator has designed me. There are millions of people MUCH worse off than me (physically, mentally, financially) so whatever hardships I endure (whether that be insecurity or otherwise) are minor compared to those in Africa, those in Syria etc
The Media can go **** itself. That's the reason. Us, as men, have nothing near to what Women have when it comes to appearance altering products. Make-up makes such a profound difference it's unbelievable, almost unfair. Apart from the clowns that tan themselves, us men wake up and just be, all day. There's no wonder so many of us ain't 'appy.
Reply 57
Original post by Aisha~~
That's still pretty common. I have that misconception. But it seems to increase your chances a hell of a lot. I know not to take it to that extreme, but I also know that big and ripped (within reason) gives you an advantage over others.

The other problem is women find personality qualities, such as humour, confidence, etc, as as attractive. But it's really hard for us to measure how confident or funny we are. It's seriously hard to tell if you're improving your confidence or your humour, and where you stand on the scale versus other guys. With muscle building, it's pretty obvious where you stand. So a lot of guys focus on it with a bit too much effort, neglecting everything else. Because at least they can be certain they're getting somewhere.

There's no formula to getting girls. You will attract some, no matter what you are like, and there will be girls who wouldn't come anywhere near you, no matter how many perceived qualities you have. I get what you mean with trying to almost quantify your qualities - but it doesn't work that way. If you can feel yourself building up a connection with a girl, then you're doing something right for that particular person, there's no point in trying to 'improve' your personality/appearance to suit girls in general as that will never work.
Original post by Blind Ferret
The Media can go **** itself. That's the reason. Us, as men, have nothing near to what Women have when it comes to appearance altering products. Make-up makes such a profound difference it's unbelievable, almost unfair. Apart from the clowns that tan themselves, us men wake up and just be, all day. There's no wonder so many of us ain't 'appy.

Well yeah, but if a man wears something similar to makeup, would you not assume that he might be gay?

How dyou think anyone who reads your posts feels? :rolleyes:

His post was pretty sarcastic if s didnt notice.

Quick Reply