The Student Room Group

G544 Exam 18th June 2012

Hey,

I've not seen an official thread for this (but if there is sorry)!! How's everyone preparing for the next psych paper with one out of the way??!!!

A tip from me on answering section A is that your procedure can be written as aim, method, design etc ... don't bother wasting your time otherwise!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Hey im also doing this as a resit! What do you think is gonna come up? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeegirl
Hey im also doing this as a resit! What do you think is gonna come up? :smile:

i have no absolut idea at the moment, i'll be sitting the paper for the first time! :s-smilie:
Original post by Mizz_S
i have no absolut idea at the moment, i'll be sitting the paper for the first time! :s-smilie:

It was a really easy paper last time :smile: but i had a brain freeze and forgot what I was doing. I hope observation comes up because that is the one that hasn't come up and I like it :smile: Good luck! How is your revision going?

I am only learning the approaches and some debates because approaches always come up :smile: xx
Reply 4
It was a really easy paper last time :smile: but i had a brain freeze and forgot what I was doing. I hope observation comes up because that is the one that hasn't come up and I like it :smile: Good luck! How is your revision going?

I am only learning the approaches and some debates because approaches always come up :smile: xx

research methods come up too. i really like section A though, its a nice part of the paper, and you can easily get 19 marks that really long question. i'm learning the research methods and approaches. but I'll learn strengths and weaknesses to, not too sure which question I'd answer in section B to be honest.
Original post by Mizz_S
research methods come up too. i really like section A though, its a nice part of the paper, and you can easily get 19 marks that really long question. i'm learning the research methods and approaches. but I'll learn strengths and weaknesses to, not too sure which question I'd answer in section B to be honest.

Yep that too :smile:

I know I love the 19 marks ...also section B isn't too hard once you have learnt it all. I am actually quite lucky because I have done my main A2 exam so I know lots of studies from there that I can include :biggrin:
Reply 6
Yep that too :smile:

I know I love the 19 marks ...also section B isn't too hard once you have learnt it all. I am actually quite lucky because I have done my main A2 exam so I know lots of studies from there that I can include :biggrin:

yeah same. my teacher absolutely hates loftus and palmer now though. Its probably the only study everyone in my year group knows inside out!

it isn't hard, but i always do something to mess it up. I can do the whole describe two studies just fine, but after that I compltely mess up :s-smilie:
Original post by Mizz_S
yeah same. my teacher absolutely hates loftus and palmer now though. Its probably the only study everyone in my year group knows inside out!

it isn't hard, but i always do something to mess it up. I can do the whole describe two studies just fine, but after that I compltely mess up :s-smilie:

I'm slightly confused, where would Loftus and Palmer come in as a whole study?
Reply 8
I'm slightly confused, where would Loftus and Palmer come in as a whole study?

in the approaches section of that paper, as of when the cognitive approach comes up, it asks you to explain 2 studies or compare and contrast. To do this you can use AS studies so long as it is relevant. As a class we seem to stick to AS studies as they are the only ones we really understand fully!! We zoomed through forensics meaning we didn't actually get a chance to learn it properly unlike AS and health!!
Original post by Mizz_S
in the approaches section of that paper, as of when the cognitive approach comes up, it asks you to explain 2 studies or compare and contrast. To do this you can use AS studies so long as it is relevant. As a class we seem to stick to AS studies as they are the only ones we really understand fully!! We zoomed through forensics meaning we didn't actually get a chance to learn it properly unlike AS and health!!

Just remembered that question! Yes I can write the studies but can't finish them off! Though we have been told we have to write them very briefly so it shouldn't matter too much. Just learn the conclusions very well.

Can I ask how comes you are doing this exam in the summer! Are you in year 12 or 13? We did the original exam in January!
Reply 10
Just remembered that question! Yes I can write the studies but can't finish them off! Though we have been told we have to write them very briefly so it shouldn't matter too much. Just learn the conclusions very well.

Can I ask how comes you are doing this exam in the summer! Are you in year 12 or 13? We did the original exam in January!

yeah you write briefly, but even then i never remember them :s-smilie:

I'm in Y13, ym school is absolutely stupid and only allow retakes to be done in january. then they wonder why half the year drops out in their first year. its really stupid and we've had a rant with the teachers over it!
Original post by Mizz_S
yeah you write briefly, but even then i never remember them :s-smilie:

I'm in Y13, ym school is absolutely stupid and only allow retakes to be done in january. then they wonder why half the year drops out in their first year. its really stupid and we've had a rant with the teachers over it!

AHH i get it :smile: I was going to do revision today but I've come down with the flu and cannot do anything. Been in bed all day :frown: It's always the wrong timing for me ! x
Reply 12
AHH i get it :smile: I was going to do revision today but I've come down with the flu and cannot do anything. Been in bed all day :frown: It's always the wrong timing for me ! x

oh dear!! get well soon .. drink lots of hot water with lemon and honey :smile: .. it works (kind of) .. flushes your system out LOL
Original post by Mizz_S
oh dear!! get well soon .. drink lots of hot water with lemon and honey :smile: .. it works (kind of) .. flushes your system out LOL

Thank you, am going to try revising today! I know that remedy works but I don't drink anything hot and hot water is just soooo not drinkable by me. But I love sour things so did like suck half a lemon yesterday :biggrin: and my mum made some sort of soup with lots of things that are supposed to help so should be ok!

Where are you upto revision wise? and is it just us two doing this exam lol :smile: x
Reply 14
Thank you, am going to try revising today! I know that remedy works but I don't drink anything hot and hot water is just soooo not drinkable by me. But I love sour things so did like suck half a lemon yesterday :biggrin: and my mum made some sort of soup with lots of things that are supposed to help so should be ok!

Where are you upto revision wise? and is it just us two doing this exam lol :smile: x

wow, you don't drink anything hot!! Eeeew, i would have just gone for the sour sweets anything but a lemon, blakkk!

well nowhere really at the moment, I'm revising for my other exams. But I do know quite a bit on research methods, I have all those figured out, just need to learn approaches properly now though :smile:. What about you?? It seems like it on here, even though in reality we aren't :P
Reply 15
ahaha I just found another thread for this exam :P
Original post by Mizz_S
wow, you don't drink anything hot!! Eeeew, i would have just gone for the sour sweets anything but a lemon, blakkk!

well nowhere really at the moment, I'm revising for my other exams. But I do know quite a bit on research methods, I have all those figured out, just need to learn approaches properly now though :smile:. What about you?? It seems like it on here, even though in reality we aren't :P

Haahahaha, I can't be bothered to go out and get thoes sweets. LOL
I haven't really started anything but most of the stuff is still in my brain from JAN.
Cn you send me the link to the other thread? :smile:
Reply 17
Haahahaha, I can't be bothered to go out and get thoes sweets. LOL
I haven't really started anything but most of the stuff is still in my brain from JAN.
Cn you send me the link to the other thread? :smile:

i wouldn't be bothered myself :P
i'm just going to do it tomorrow :smile:
here ay go:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1993103&page=12&p=38152024&highlight=G544#post38152024
Original post by Mizz_S
i wouldn't be bothered myself :P
i'm just going to do it tomorrow :smile:
here ay go:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1993103&page=12&p=38152024&highlight=G544#post38152024

Thanks, been in bed all day...guess all the revision will have to be done tomorrow :smile:
Reply 19
Thanks, been in bed all day...guess all the revision will have to be done tomorrow :smile:

awww!! for once I'm not ill during exam period. and now i've just gone and jinxed it :P ... so long as you're well and ready for your exams on monday onwards :smile:

what other subjects do you do out of interest?

Quick Reply