The Student Room Group

University offers quieries

Hi, I'm currently a student in yr 12 and just had a couple of questions about university application and offers. I would like to study economics and i am currently studying, maths, further maths, economics and geography.

At the moment i am wondering if it is worth carrying on geography to A2 as i dont really enjoy it. When a university gives an offer of AAA for example, will that include maths and further maths as too seperate subjects or do unis not see them as such? Has anyone gotten into a uni for economics with just maths, further maths and economics at A2?

and also for students doing 4 A2 exams, do university's still give 3 grade offers and if so are they just for the 3 highest subjects (in my case most likely maths, fm, economics)?
Reply 1
'enquiry'
Reply 2
I'm (all being well) off to study Maths at uni this year and my offers are all on 3 subjects including (actually specifying) that one of those 3 is Further Maths. As far as economics goes, I know quite a few people who have offers for economics based on 4 subjects, but most are for 3 including Further Maths I THINK. Would probably have to double check with them, but Further Maths definitely counts as a separate A-level as far as universities are concerned.

Also forgot to mention I'm doing 4 A2s including Further Maths :smile:.
If they want AAA, they they expect you to get those 3 grades from any 3 of your 4 A2's. If you decide to drop Geography after as-level, then you must achieve an A in maths, further maths and economics reverentially. However you will also be accepted if you achieve A*AB instead of AAA
Reply 4
Cheers well basically, I'm pretty much set to get A*AA for maths,fm, economics, but i cant see myself getting an A in geography so i was thinking i might as well drop it, but i dont want to take the risk of universities not liking me just having those 3 subjects, also picking up on what you just said If you achieve A*A*BB is that equilalent of AAAa then?

also how often do they give 4 grade offers?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Brainiac
Cheers well basically, I'm pretty much set to get A*AA for maths,fm, economics, but i cant see myself getting an A in geography so i was thinking i might as well drop it, but i dont want to take the risk of universities not liking me just having those 3 subjects, also picking up on what you just said If you achieve A*A*BB is that equilalent of AAAa then?

also how often do they give 4 grade offers?

Yes indeed it is, and they put typical offers based on 3 A-Levels, the fourth a-level is used to compare you to another candidate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending