The Student Room Group

Would it be ok to apply for a uni that's above your grades?

I'm a very hardworking student and i'm hoping to achieve 320-280 UCAS (ABB-BBC)

I noticed on the news that the government are allowing unlimited places to AAB students next year and i was wondering if i applied for a uni that's a grade above would i stand a chance? (I am doing Business management)

There has been many factors like the drop in applicants due to the increase in fees and this new regulation the government has made so i'm not too sure! :confused: I also think i have a good advantage with a good personal statement

Universities i was hoping to apply to is:
the University of Nottingham
UEA
Kent
SOAS

Opinions?
Reply 1
There have been loads of threads on this in the last few days. Use the search function, or just read the first page of the forum.
Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei

I noticed on the news that the government are allowing unlimited places to AAB students next year and i was wondering if i applied for a uni that's a grade above would i stand a chance? (I am doing Business management)

There has been many factors like the drop in applicants due to the increase in fees and this new regulation the government has made so i'm not too sure! :confused: I also think i have a good advantage with a good personal statement

Universities i was hoping to apply to is:
the University of Nottingham
UEA
Kent
SOAS

Opinions?

Where did you read this?

Not very congruent first sentence, to my mind.

I am so getting negged for this.
Original post by logiadoevus
Not very congruent first sentence, to my mind.

Well, getting DDEE in my AS and getting at least BBC does take so much work.
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
Where did you read this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13927710

"From 2012, universities will be able to offer unlimited places for students achieving AAB grades at A-level or better - regardless of the total student quotas they have been allocated."
Original post by logiadoevus

The sadists on this forum are giving a lttle extra twist to your masochism by refusing to please you.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13927710

"From 2012, universities will be able to offer unlimited places for students achieving AAB grades at A-level or better - regardless of the total student quotas they have been allocated."

That's the theory. the practicality of it is that they will still be constrained by the simple issue of shortage of space and teaching staff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending