The Student Room Group

Applying for more than one course

Hi, I'm applying for medicine this autumn and I want ask if I can apply for medicine in 3 Uni's and then as a back-up plan apply to another 2 universities but for another course like Biomedical sciences. Is it still possible to write one personal statement for both courses or should I consider something else.

Thank you!
Reply 1
I did it for History and Classics and still got offers so I don't see why not? They might be a bit more bothered for medicine maybe though?
Reply 2
I think you can definitely do it. My friend applied for 4 medical schools and English in one of the unis as a back up, and he still got the English offer. Just think about how well you'll be able to tailor your personal statement, if you can do that then you're sorted. Medicine and biomed are a lot similar than medicine and English too :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
You can have upto 4 of your 5 choices as Medicine, with your 5th choice being a back-up (any course). 3:2 works the same way. If you apply for Medicine, your personal statement should be entirely suited for that course. If not, admissions tutors may think that you're not 100% geared for Med. Btw, most Uni's accept students applying for Med will have back-up choices, and so they will be aware that the personal statement is for Med. However, they may still offer you a place for a biological science course (backup choice) even though your PS is for Med. But if you're still not too certain with 1 PS for more 1+ courses, you should e-mail the Uni's you'd want to go and ask if you can supply another PS for the other course you want to do outside UCAS Apply.
Reply 4
Thank you everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending