The Student Room Group

Tips on focusing self?

How do you focus yourselves to get down to a good revision sessions, apart for the usual 'take breaks often' etc.

Do you find a certain room in the house to be best?
Revising to certain music?

Tips please! I need them :frown:
The minecraft sound track is pretty relaxing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Moontoon
How do you focus yourselves to get down to a good revision sessions, apart for the usual 'take breaks often' etc.

Do you find a certain room in the house to be best?
Revising to certain music?

Tips please! I need them :frown:

I went into school every day and revised in the library.

It's incredible, there's actually no distractions, tons of table space and you can have breaks when people pop in for their various exams.

I revised 7 hours every day throughout the revision period without a struggle, and I could afford to have all my evenings free! You work better during the day, not the evening anyway, so having a focused grind during school hours is absolutely amazing
Reply 3
hi moontoon what i do is study in my bedroom. no tv and the computer is put away. Then i plan my day. i go to the gymn three times a week and take walks up to half an hour to keep my mind active. I then study up to three hours straight then take a break by going for a walk then work straight away again. If any problems where to occur when studying i would address those problems but understanding in detail. Prioritising studying first is important to reduce the number of excuses for not doing well. Try fit other activities around studing. although it can be hard it will help you to acheive your goal in education.
Reply 4
My old lecturers told me to make a study time table. Frankly I never found those things useful. The only thing I found that helped was to set myself goals. Also being a visual person myself my art tutor encouraged me to make comics about the things I had to learn. None of them were any good but that helped me pass my GCSE Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest