The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA German Exam - 18.6.12

Is anyone else doing this exam? Do you know where I can find any vocab lists (i'm doing foundation)?

Scroll to see replies

An AQA GCSE German book? Kerboodle, if your school has subscribed?
I'm not really sure about posting this, because it could really wreck your confidence, and you could potentially waste weeks studying this list, when perhaps you would be better spending your time revising in some other way.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-4665-W-SP.PDF There are about 23 pages of vocabulary!
Reply 3
You'll be fine I sat this exam and got 60 on reading and listening with no revision. Read the question thoroughly for the listening listen to the answer the first time don't write it down and listen again and answer the second time. Beware ! Some questions have several parts which flow without the tape pausing and for the reading take your time I finished in 15 mins went back and found a few mistakes.
Good luck !
Do you suggest any other ways to revise? I'm doing higher listening and reading.
I'm just cramming in as much vocab as possible... Hahaha... ^_^'

Actually terrified of this exam. Listening is going to be... hellish. Why did my teacher persuade me to do the higher paper? =_= It's not like I did particularly well in any of our mock exams.

Too many exams to revise for! I also have maths and history next week! AAUGH.
Reply 6
Original post by Missyeln213
I'm just cramming in as much vocab as possible... Hahaha... ^_^'

Actually terrified of this exam. Listening is going to be... hellish. Why did my teacher persuade me to do the higher paper? =_= It's not like I did particularly well in any of our mock exams.

Too many exams to revise for! I also have maths and history next week! AAUGH.

Me too! This is the exam i've been dreading the worst. I think i'm gonna get a D and it will ruin everything. I've got words from past papers, but i can't learn more than 5.. they just won't go in! aaaaaaaa!!
Original post by hypanx
Me too! This is the exam i've been dreading the worst. I think i'm gonna get a D and it will ruin everything. I've got words from past papers, but i can't learn more than 5.. they just won't go in! aaaaaaaa!!

i'm really nervous about german too! :/
Reply 8
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i'm really nervous about german too! :/

How are you revising? Are you doing foundation or higher?
Original post by hypanx
How are you revising? Are you doing foundation or higher?

i'm doing higher! i'm just cramming vocab from the book. are you doing higher too? and what's your revision way?
Reply 10
Dreading this exam, I have two exams tommorow aswell
Original post by simibean
Dreading this exam, I have two exams tommorow aswell

Me too! Geography? Or something else?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
Reply 12
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i'm doing higher! i'm just cramming vocab from the book. are you doing higher too? and what's your revision way?

i did 3 past papers and notes down the words i didn't know from them.. but they're not going in when i try to learn them.
Reply 13
Original post by JLKeating
Me too! Geography? Or something else?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e

Yep, I have Geogrpahy
Reply 14
Ugh, I'm gonna fail this exam. I have had no time whatsoever to revise, since it's been sandwiched between two History exams. When i listen to the past papers, i don't know what they're saying.... has anyone got the Jan 12 listening paper?
Original post by hypanx

I know this guy in our school who has a photographic memory... He literally learns vocab the day before and he walks out with an A*. SO.JEALOUS.OF.HIM. >:frown:

I guess I try to relate German words to english words, and try to remember them that way. Ok, this is going to sound off the rails crazy but for example: "Schnell" means 'quickly' or 'fast'. So I think of snails (which sounds like 'Schnell'...??), which are slow. And the opposite of slow is fast.

....Yeah. I'm really weird. >///<

*Goes to cram vocab*
Reply 16
I could recommend noting down the words usually used in the listening past papers, and noting main ones on the vocab list per topic, so for environment it'd be things like Hauptverkehrszeit, Flasche, Abgase.
Original post by hines
I could recommend noting down the words usually used in the listening past papers, and noting main ones on the vocab list per topic, so for environment it'd be things like Hauptverkehrszeit, Flasche, Abgase.

That's a good idea! *I'm an idiot for not searching past papers*
I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean filled with vocabulary.

Granted, the people do speak slow in the listening exam, so we should be grateful they're not speaking at full blown speed.. Ahahaha :eek:
Reply 18
Original post by Missyeln213
That's a good idea! *I'm an idiot for not searching past papers*
I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean filled with vocabulary.

Granted, the people do speak slow in the listening exam, so we should be grateful they're not speaking at full blown speed.. Ahahaha :eek:

yeah but still.. in the practice papers (foundation) i got 1 off a C, a C and 2 above, so every mark is gonna count for me in the exam. I'm just awful at german compared to my other subjects :frown:.
Original post by hypanx
yeah but still.. in the practice papers (foundation) i got 1 off a C, a C and 2 above, so every mark is gonna count for me in the exam. I'm just awful at german compared to my other subjects :frown:.

Haha, I'm decent at reading papers, but I suck so badly at listening ones... Which consequently drags down my overall grade in German. By quite a lot.
German is possibly my worst subject. So you're not alone there :redface:

If you feel hopeless in the exam, just remember that there's someone out there who's struggling more than you :colondollar: But I'm sure that with enough intense cramming, we'll all be fine! (I hope). ¬_¬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending