The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay! Will edit my form and send it off later.

How are you doing anyway, my lovely? What plans for next year? :hugs:

Eurgh, I've been asked this so much over the last couple of days. Nope, no ideas. Would absolutely love to go to ESM (Emmanuel School of Mission), but it costs a lot of money. Prayers for the money to turn up if it's what I'm meant to do would be awesome.

Got a phonecall from one of my interviewers from the BBC :eek: Completely unexpected. Gave very detailed feedback and encouraged me to apply again next year. That's made me feel a bit better about the whole thing. Apparently I was "very good" but there were some outstanding applicants :yes:

That's really cool :h:

And wrt the SPEC application, I'd just send it off. Don't worry too much about discerning right now, that can come later, and is a process you can go through with SPEC too.

Spirit in the City was absolutely amazing!
So much fun, so much love, so much God.
Original post by Aula
Eurgh, I've been asked this so much over the last couple of days. Nope, no ideas. Would absolutely love to go to ESM (Emmanuel School of Mission), but it costs a lot of money. Prayers for the money to turn up if it's what I'm meant to do would be awesome.

Def will pray about this. Sorry for asking annoying questions. I know it can be a pain when people ask questions like that, when you don't have the answer :colondollar:

That's really cool :h:

And wrt the SPEC application, I'd just send it off. Don't worry too much about discerning right now, that can come later, and is a process you can go through with SPEC too.

Spirit in the City was absolutely amazing!
So much fun, so much love, so much God.

Thanks hun :hugs:

Oooh, Spirit in the City? I didn't hear about this. Was it in London? Did I miss something good? :sad:
hi everyone, I'm a catholic, thanks to my family as the majority are all catholics and goes to church almost every sunday :smile: Certainly glad to be joining this society :smile: :colondollar: God bless you all x
Original post by Wild Horses
hi everyone, I'm a catholic, thanks to my family as the majority are all catholics and goes to church almost every sunday :smile: Certainly glad to be joining this society :smile: :colondollar: God bless you all x

Oooh, hello! You found us! Didn't realise you're Catholic, or I'd have sent you over here sooner! :biggrin:

Welcome! :jumphug:
Oooh, hello! You found us! Didn't realise you're Catholic, or I'd have sent you over here sooner! :biggrin:

Welcome! :jumphug:

thank you so much :biggrin:, glad to be here and really nice to see you here aswell :wink:
thank you so much :biggrin:, glad to be here and really nice to see you here aswell :wink:

You're very welcome! We're a bit quieter than the X Soc thread but still a lovely gathering of people all the same :yep:
You're very welcome! We're a bit quieter than the X Soc thread but still a lovely gathering of people all the same :yep:

certainly is lovely still would have great times :biggrin:
Reply 4287
Original post by Chicken Hulk
Thanks for the replies, i usually go to the 12pm mass but i might just try and wake up earlier for some earlier masses :smile:

Did you go today?:smile::smile:
Reply 4288
Ah well done for finishing. Let us know nearer results day when you're expecting to hear your results and we can get praying :yep:

I love it when God does stuff like that :ahee:

aww thanks! just a little one but I can't change it now:erm: think they went okay I haven't thought too much about it.

I know!!!:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 4289
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features/2012/05/31/ten-catholic-women-who-changed-the-world/

An interesting read. I shamefully hadn't heard of some of these women before :colondollar:

Hope everyone is well. I've amended my form for SPEC. Just sitting on it for a day or two whilst I pray/discern, then am going to send it and hope for the best! :woo:

thankyou, I'd hardly heard of any of them either haven't finished reading it yet:smile:
Reply 4290
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Just returning from a two day Chaplaincy "holiday" to Scarborough. Eight of us have had fantastic time :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire

sounds good:smile: I'd love to go to that Invocations thing mentioned a few weeks ago but i think it would be too far for a weekend.

I'd love to go to this too my mum wouldn't want me to go on my own and I don't think I'll take well to camping
http://www.youth2000.org/content/searchlight-walsingham

How was corpus christi all?:smile:
Reply 4291

Helloooo:hello:
Reply 4292

It's busier than the Anglican Society:biggrin::tongue:

Today in Psychology (what is science?)...

Teacher: The US is more religious than we are over here, especially in the Southern States.

Student: yeah, aren't the Southern States like further behind than the rest of America?

I can't remember what the teacher said,

Why didn't I say anything!:frown:
Original post by rac1
It's busier than the Anglican Society:biggrin::tongue:

Today in Psychology (what is science?)...

Teacher: The US is more religious than we are over here, especially in the Southern States.

Student: yeah, aren't the Southern States like further behind than the rest of America?

I can't remember what the teacher said,

:console: Try not to be down on yourself. It takes a lot of courage to stand up for the faith :yes:
Reply 4294
Original post by rac1

:console: Try not to be down on yourself. It takes a lot of courage to stand up for the faith :yes:

:ditto: this :yep:
Especially difficult to stand up to people you have to spend a lot of time with. It's much easier to stand up for your faith to people who you're never going to have to see again :colondollar:
Original post by Aula
Especially difficult to stand up to people you have to spend a lot of time with. It's much easier to stand up for your faith to people who you're never going to have to see again :colondollar:

So true. That's why Dumbledore gave 10 points to Neville Longbottom, after all! :biggrin:
Original post by Aula

That is so true :biggrin:
Please pray and give thanks to God for the work and service of my local hospital chaplain, a priest who is retiring because of ill health.
Original post by barnetlad
Please pray and give thanks to God for the work and service of my local hospital chaplain, a priest who is retiring because of ill health.

Thanks be to God for this priest's good work and service to your community! :woo: :jebus: :party: It must be a sad loss for you all, and the NHS too. I pray for his health problems and hope they are not too serious :yes:

I shared this over on the X Soc thread but forgot to do so here: please praise the Lord for the fact that my younger sister passed all her 4th year Finals. Tomorrow she begins her fifth and final year as a medical student! :eek3: :awesome: :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest