The Student Room Group

How confident are you now feeling?

Hi everyone,
firstly, good luck to everyone on results day, and good luck to everyone with exams still to come, but i just wanted to find out some of the views you now have, since you've came to the end of your GCSEs. Do you think you've done better than expected, and do you think you could have worked more?
Personally, I think I could have put a bit more effort in, so how do you all feel?
Original post by outsider95
Hi everyone,
firstly, good luck to everyone on results day, and good luck to everyone with exams still to come, but i just wanted to find out some of the views you now have, since you've came to the end of your GCSEs. Do you think you've done better than expected, and do you think you could have worked more?
Personally, I think I could have put a bit more effort in, so how do you all feel?

Thank you! Good luck to you too! I'm worrying about some of mine so much as I feel like I messed them up, mainly Maths(always been my weakest subject) and Additional science! I just wish it wasn't just over two months until we get to find out, I'm trying not to wish my summer away! But yes, I think I could have put more effort in too, most of my revision was within a couple of days before the exam; so many regrets!
Reply 2
I don't think i've particularly messed anything up or done really badly, but I do think I will be disappointed as I'm sure i'll be left thinking on results day that I could've done better. :frown: Oh well though, hopefully it'll motivate me for A levels!
I still have an exam tomorrow and haven't begun revision. You can descry the sorrow emanating from my becalming tears. I should've worked much harder,cut that's a lesson I'll never learn. Procrastination ftw!
Reply 4
Good luck to everyone , I'm absoloutely terrified because I haven't put enough effort in and I know for a fact I've completely messed up physics , and haven't done my best in everything else :frown:

I'm really angry aat myself for not taking it seirously enougb
Reply 5
Personally I've studied really hard for my exams and so feel I've done really well. There are a couple of exams where I feel the time was limited and where I could have places more knowledge but as a whole, I feel I've done well in all my exams.
I'm not going to lie and say I feel really confident for my results day because even though I feel like I've done really well in my exams, you know know. I'm going to feel quite nervous, excited and scared, the sort of thing you'd feel when you're about to go to a new school or something...but all I can do is hope and pray, I've done the best I can and thankfully I now only have my sociology exam to worry about, but since I've revised quite hard for that, I feel confident for that exam too.

My whole point is that regardless of how well you may feel you've done, you can't guarantee yourself that you're going to get an A*, you can hope but I guess it's on the results day that you really know :smile:
Good luck everyone.
Reply 6
Original post by somac
Good luck to everyone , I'm absoloutely terrified because I haven't put enough effort in and I know for a fact I've completely messed up physics , and haven't done my best in everything else :frown:

I'm really angry aat myself for not taking it seirously enougb

Is this AQA physics P3? If so, I doubt you'll do as badly as you think as the grade boundaries are bound to be low :P
Reply 7
I definietly could have put in more effort... especially at the end of Y9 with my first exams :P Oh well, I'm pretty sure I've hit my target grades in most subjects :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by brightbulb
Is this AQA physics P3? If so, I doubt you'll do as badly as you think as the grade boundaries are bound to be low :P

P3 - that was a real cock up.
English lit. was an absolute disaster but other than that I'm not feeling too bad!
German SNM
Reply 11
I feel like I put in more than enough work than I needed to, however due to circumstances out of my control, I think I've completely messed up some of my exams and I don't think I've got the grades that I want and deserve :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Frankster
P3 - that was a real cock up.

I know. Using the 'unofficial mark scheme' on a thread I only got about 20 marks, and I need a middleish B to get my overall A :/ hoping for low boundaries!
Reply 13
Graphics - I FLOPPED that. :/

Quick Reply

Latest