The Student Room Group

AS/A Level expectations?

Hey. So I have officially finished all of my GCSE exams! I am happy but sad, because I did like having exams :colondollar: lol!
I will be starting Sixth Form in September and I just wanted to know what do people expect from College/Sixth Form etc?
What are people hoping for? What do people want to accomplish? What subjects are people scared about? What subjects are people excited about?
I am really interested, because I know that some of my friends do not want to start AS levels but some of my friends are really excited! :smile:
Don't expect to breeze through them like you may have done with GCSEs. That's all I'm gonna say lol :tongue:
The summer before I started my AS levels i was anticipating an easy year if i'm honest... figured that as i only had 4 subjects rather than 11 i'd be fine, but maannn it's a lot of work.
I love history and music so i enjoyed them and i didn't mind doing lots of work for them, but maths was a very painful experience. Just to warn you :smile:
Original post by tania<3
Don't expect to breeze through them like you may have done with GCSEs. That's all I'm gonna say lol :tongue:

He made a thread a few weeks ago where he was unsure as to whether he should take A level Physics despite liking both Physics and Maths because he heard from friends that it is a really difficult A level, and so I don't think he is taking A levels for granted.
Reply 4
Lol, i remember when i was excited about starting sixth form last year... :rolleyes: Times have changed.
Reply 5
Original post by Tullia
He made a thread a few weeks ago where he was unsure as to whether he should take A level Physics despite liking both Physics and Maths because he heard from friends that it is a really difficult A level, and so I don't think he is taking A levels for granted.

Oh My Goodness Me! Wow!!! Haha, Its amazing how you remembered and I didn't! I certainly am not! I am so excited and I hope to begin studying for AS levels in July. I will try to teach myself some stuff. I am really excited about Geography, Chemistry and Maths! You know what they say - ''an early bird, catches the worm''! :smile:
Original post by Becca94
Lol, i remember when i was excited about starting sixth form last year... :rolleyes: Times have changed.

Which subject do you dislike the most?
Original post by Becca94

This is so true :biggrin: particularly about those subjects which you always loved but now hate at A-level :rolleyes:
Reply 8
My last exam was today, and I am pretty happy with how all of my exams went. If im honest, I am most worried about English Lit, History, French and Stats but everything else was a breeze :biggrin:
Im doing Biology, chemistry, history and either business or psychology, and Im expecting a levels to be really hard from what my brothers and sister said
Reply 9
Original post by Tullia
Which subject do you dislike the most?

Biology!!! Sooo different to GCSE.
Original post by Becca94
Biology!!! Sooo different to GCSE.

Which exam board?
Reply 11
Original post by Tullia
Which exam board?

OCR
Original post by Becca94