The Student Room Group

Gold Crest Award

See last post from me!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
please, anyone? :L
I did one between 5th and 6th year of high school. It was an individual project but 6 weeks in a lab at a research place with a tutor. It was through the Nuffield Foundation, highly recommend. They give you a bursary to cover your expenses and it's really worth while :smile: Got me into med school, anyway..
Reply 4
Original post by Chiko 1001
I did one between 5th and 6th year of high school. It was an individual project but 6 weeks in a lab at a research place with a tutor. It was through the Nuffield Foundation, highly recommend. They give you a bursary to cover your expenses and it's really worth while :smile: Got me into med school, anyway..

How was writing up your report and stuff, did you fully understand all the experiments you did and stuff? What medical school u at, or applied to? (if u dont mind me asking!) :smile:
Original post by master y
How was writing up your report and stuff, did you fully understand all the experiments you did and stuff? What medical school u at, or applied to? (if u dont mind me asking!) :smile:

Yeah I understood it all pretty well, I was doing it for 6 weeks though and had a phd guy to ask any questions etc. I'm a fourth year at Aberdeen, also had an offer from Edinburgh and interviews at Dundee and Newcastle that I withdrew from before hearing the result.
Reply 6
bump
Reply 7
This might be a little bit of a long shot, but could anyone send me their reports from previous experiences, just to see how you have organised your written work? :smile:
Reply 8
I'd love to see the previous written pieces of work too!
I'm currently doing a crest award through the nuffield bursary as well.

I'm doing research into aphids and their reactions to pheromones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending