The Student Room Group

Who else can't be bothered with general studies tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jack22031994
It's at 1 right?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i think it's at 1:30
well thats when im turning up anyway :biggrin:
Uggghhh I haven't been to a lesson at all this year, and like 3 in my AS year. ^^
Done no revision either- I have no idea how to prepare...as far as I'm concerned, its about being able to appreciate both sides of the arguement and writing well. The rest is blag work. Stuff thats on the syllabus is stuff we all probs know anyway...it says on the mark scheme anyway that we might not write down any of the specified material, but if we put in any of our own points, we get marks. :biggrin:
Think the key is to stay calm and remember that GS isn't as bad as we think. :wink:
Original post by buildalegohouse
Uggghhh I haven't been to a lesson at all this year, and like 3 in my AS year. ^^
Done no revision either- I have no idea how to prepare...as far as I'm concerned, its about being able to appreciate both sides of the arguement and writing well. The rest is blag work. Stuff thats on the syllabus is stuff we all probs know anyway...it says on the mark scheme anyway that we might not write down any of the specified material, but if we put in any of our own points, we get marks. :biggrin:
Think the key is to stay calm and remember that GS isn't as bad as we think. :wink:

Well my school doesn't do A2 gs lessons if that makes you feel better and at as all we did in gs lessons was watch YouTube of people falling of chairs w/ one teacher watched and films with another

Reply 43
I was automatically put in for resits :angry:
Reply 44
Original post by Doskey
I was automatically put in for resits :angry:

lol my friend was told to resit or she wouldn't be allowed to continue into year 13 at our school
and she came out with exactly the same results a D!
they were not impressed:biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by sarwara05
lol my friend was told to resit or she wouldn't be allowed to continue into year 13 at our school
and she came out with exactly the same results a D!
they were not impressed:biggrin:

That was pretty much what I got told! I got C's in AS and an E and a U for A2. I would say it's quite obvious I'm not going to improve :tongue:
Original post by mtgsgirl
I can't bring myself to learn the syllabus today, i'd rather take my chances tomorrow :P
anyone else feel the same?

You're so mean, I can't wait for the exam! i'm going to do a degree in general studies...
Reply 47
Original post by Doskey
That was pretty much what I got told! I got C's in AS and an E and a U for A2. I would say it's quite obvious I'm not going to improve :tongue:

haha well if it makes you feel any better I got a D's at AS and I haven't taken any A2's - but I'm predicted a E :biggrin:
anyway good luck :smile:
Does anyone know whether its the exam today or next week that we are given sources for. A teacher gave me a pile of graphs and things saying I had to skim over them before the exam....
does unit 3 or 4 have pre-released material?

p.s. global warming as the subject... feel a bit miffed, surely geographers and scientists are going to have a much better hack at it... ask me about the turner prize or something and I have plenty to say...
Reply 49
Original post by MollyMoonshine
Does anyone know whether its the exam today or next week that we are given sources for. A teacher gave me a pile of graphs and things saying I had to skim over them before the exam....
does unit 3 or 4 have pre-released material?

p.s. global warming as the subject... feel a bit miffed, surely geographers and scientists are going to have a much better hack at it... ask me about the turner prize or something and I have plenty to say...

lol i so agree but not with the turner prize bit :biggrin:
and it's next weeks's exam that you need the prerelease info for :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by NeuralGroove
You're so mean, I can't wait for the exam! i'm going to do a degree in general studies...

hahaha that post you jus replied to was posted in 2010 :biggrin:
Reply 51
Would rather be in bed sleeping but nvm.
For my insurance Uni, they accept it if I get B/A, but considering I got a D last year, I don't think its gonna happen :P
Original post by sarwara05
hahaha that post you jus replied to was posted in 2010 :biggrin:

It's OK, I get extra time :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by NeuralGroove
It's OK, I get extra time :wink:

hahaha - lol that made me laugh :biggrin: especially after such a tedious general exam
Original post by live_on_fascination
A friend of a friend apparently wrote his AS Level General Studies exam all in German and still got 17 UMS marks. Just thought I'd share!

I did mine in Spanish last year and got 0 :frown: xenophobic examiners!
Reply 55
Did you all have the OCR making connections paper today?
Original post by MattieB
Did you all have the OCR making connections paper today?

Yeah I did, a person in front of me didn't write a single thing, she just sat there doing nothing for 90mins!

Quick Reply

Latest