The Student Room Group

Joining IB soon-need help in subject choices

I will be starting classes in July...so i need an urgent reply!!!
I am planning to study medicine in the long run...and i chose these subjects:

Maths HL
Bio HL
Chem HL
English A1 SL
Economics SL
French Ab Initio SL

I hope my HL subjects are fine. Suggestions are welcome.
I am not so sure about taking Economics SL...some say that doing Business&Management SL would be better...i m in a serious dilemma here...please help!!
Reply 1
Your subject choices are fine! Although, if maths is an issue, you can drop it to SL without it being much of a problem as it is A LOT harder than SL maths.
Reply 2
Thanks. However do good medical institutions accept Maths SL? And is Economics or B&M better?
Original post by RashikaSingh
Thanks. However do good medical institutions accept Maths SL? And is Economics or B&M better?

Maths HL are not required but are always good to have. And Economics is definitely much better than B&M, unless you plan to start your own business.
Reply 4
Hey, i will be starting the IB in September 2012. And i have chosen my subjects but im a bit unsure, because i dont know what i want to do at university!

I have chosen:

Spanish B HL
Geography HL
Enonomics HL

English SL
Environmental Systems & Societies SL
Maths SL

I dont know whether to take math studies or not, i mean i have read all the comments and treads about it, but i guess i need to figure out what i want to take? Any suggestions?

Help please! Thanks!
Reply 5
English HL
Bio HL
Chem HL
History HL
Math SL
Serbian SL
Visual Arts SL

Any good for Medicine?
Reply 6
Original post by CAC
Hey, i will be starting the IB in September 2012. And i have chosen my subjects but im a bit unsure, because i dont know what i want to do at university!

I have chosen:

Spanish B HL
Geography HL
Enonomics HL

English SL
Environmental Systems & Societies SL
Maths SL

I dont know whether to take math studies or not, i mean i have read all the comments and treads about it, but i guess i need to figure out what i want to take? Any suggestions?

Help please! Thanks!

If you want to study economics or any of the sciences then maths SL is a must but if you want to do arts, languages or any other degree that does not rely on maths then just take maths studies. Maths SL is not easy and if you have no need for it then there really is no point in taking it unless you enjoy being challenged.
Reply 7
But the only problems is i dont even know what i want to study! well...i know i definately dont want to study any sciences at university! is there any courses or professions that you can direct me too, throught my higher level choices, well courses at good universities!? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending