The Student Room Group

Further positions avaliable in the Security Council

Hey all,
Another position has opened up in the Security Council. The position of China(People's Republic of) is now avaliable.
The process is as follows:

The Secretary General may start a thread stating that the position is open.
Any prospective candidates should PM the Secretary General with a Manifesto.
If the election is called by virtue of the incumbent delegate being removed by operation of Article 81, that incumbent may not stand for re-election.
The Secretary General should allow at least six days for submitting Manifestos.
A Manifesto should detail why the representative considers they are suitable for such an important role and should ideally be between 100 and 200 words.
The Secretary General will start a thread with all Manifestos in a random order in the OP.
Article 70
A Question & Answer period of 48 hours will ensure for the entire MUN to question candidates.
Article 71
Members shall attempt to ask the candidates equally difficult questions
Article 72
NO member shall announce their support for a candidate during this time period or during the vote
Article 73
NO member shall comment on the level of competition
Article 74
The Secretary General will then open a poll which will last for 48 hours.
The “Re-Open Nominations” or “RON” option shall be included.
The results of the poll will be hidden until the poll is closed.
Article 75
The Secretary General may not vote in this poll unless there is a tie in the voting. The Secretary General has the casting vote.
Article 76
Candidates shall not be permitted to campaign via private messaging during the election.

Candidates now have six days to submit a manifesto. As stated above the manifesto should detail why the representative considers they are suitable for such an important role and should ideally be between 100 and 200 words.
Reply 1
So...............can I go for China? :colone:
Reply 2
Declaring my intention to stand for the role! :biggrin: (I was the guy that asked for the election to happen.)
Original post by Kiss
So...............can I go for China? :colone:

Run for all of them. You can be the new RON. :tongue:
Original post by toronto353
Run for all of them. You can be the new RON. :tongue:

[ooc] There can be only one R.O.N. He's like Agent Smith from the Matrix, almost impossible to kill. [/ooc]
Original post by thunder_chunky
[ooc] There can be only one R.O.N. He's like Agent Smith from the Matrix, almost impossible to kill. [/ooc]

OOC: spoilsport. :tongue:
That mysterious RON. I will catch him one day.
Reply 7
May i ask who or what 'RON' is ? :tongue:
Officially 're-open nominations' if people don't want to vote for any other candidate. RON himself is bit of an enigma!
OCC: I might go for this seeing as the Czech Republic already have done.
Reply 10
Original post by thunder_chunky

Candidates now have six days to submit a manifesto. As stated above the manifesto should detail why the representative considers they are suitable for such an important role and should ideally be between 100 and 200 words.

How strict is the 200 word limit?
Original post by JPKC
How strict is the 200 word limit?

Pretty strict. Generally between 100 and 200 words is the target. Are you over the 200 word limit? If so by how much?
Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by PierceBrosnan
OCC: I might go for this seeing as the Czech Republic already have done.

Go for it. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
If I entered a manifesto and won, would I still be able to continue representing Uruguay along with the Chinese role?
Original post by Cmmah
If I entered a manifesto and won, would I still be able to continue representing Uruguay along with the Chinese role?
I am sure T_C would have no problem with you using dual representation.
Original post by cl_steele
May i ask who or what 'RON' is ? :tongue:

a dark being created at the very beginnings of time, who has made it his mission to participate in every election on TSR effortlessly :tongue: He had a mate called Abstain at one point, but he seems to have gone away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending