The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDonIlyas
how many Ums points are needed from all 3 exams and the ISA to get an A* overall in chemistry?, its out of 400

Original post by dalek1099

what are the raw marks you need to get in order to get an A* grade ?
Original post by Crystallouise99
what are the raw marks you need to get in order to get an A* grade ?

we dont know change supon each module ... but for this chemistry i would estimate around 46-48 for an A*
Reply 723
Original post by Saraxo
you had to write the calcium carbonate thermally decomposes to produce calcium oxide and carbon dioxide i think ...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That wasn't the question - the question was in which two ways was carbon dioxide produced in the kiln caus i could only think of one and was annoyed it was 2 marks
Reply 724
Original post by ollie666
That wasn't the question - the question was in which two ways was carbon dioxide produced in the kiln caus i could only think of one and was annoyed it was 2 marks

yeah inoe, carbon dioxide is produced when limestone decomposes in a kiln

Original post by ollie666

I know, was it that methane and oxygen react to produce co2 and water, where co2 is given off. That's all I wrote for two marks !!:redface:

The next question was apparently nitrogen or water vapour. I put hydrogen for some reason.:s-smilie:
I messed up the last question, everything else was EASY... Because everyone in general has done bad, will the A* boundary go down? I am bricking it for P1 on Wednesday.
Reply 727
What was on the new spec paper. Can someone tell me please. What was the last question asking you especially?
Reply 728
Original post by SportsFan
You got question 4 wrong it was 250KG I believe as it was 750kg - 500kg = 250KG. I am 100% sure on that question as something similar came up with past papers and that's how you do it.

Question 4 wasn't for the graph, it was for the one before itasking you to find out the mass of titanium at the end- for the graph one I also got 250kg.
Reply 729
Original post by Crystallouise99
Have you got the unoffical mark scheme for the rest of the paper .

I would be able to look up answers for them and create a unofficial mark scheme if someone would help me to remember all the questions as I can't remember them all :smile:
Original post by TeachChemistry
I looked at the paper today. It was 450 kg.

how did you look at the paper today ???:confused:
I teach chemistry. I am allowed to see the paper.

Ahh cool, what was the answer to the last two questions :-

.............. and .............
that question...
Can't separate Ar and O2 easily because bpt are too close.
Reply 733
so what was the answer to the question on the last page where it said
..............,..... and .....................

I don't have the paper with me right now. If you mean what were the gases that did not liquify at -200degC then you just had to look at the bpts in the table. Helium and neon.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't have the paper with me right now. If you mean what were the gases that did not liquify at -200degC then you just had to look at the bpts in the table. Helium and neon.

Do you know the burning poly(ethene) question, would sulfur dioxide be right as one of the choices?
Ask yourself this. What is poly(ethene) made from, that is, which atoms?
Say if the question said Suggest One reason for something, if I put two reasons and they were both right, would I still get the mark, or would the examiner think this kid doesn't know what one means and say no. Also if one were right and the other were wrong would I get the mark. And the teacher on the thread, can you give me an estimate on what the grade boundaries will be, A and A*. Thank You
I can't remember, I was just wondering:smile:
Can't separate Ar and O2 easily because bpt are too close.

Oh yayy !! Did I get ...........and ........... questions right then ??
:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending