The Student Room Group

People judging me for bursury?

If I were to get a bursury (Wimb High\Putney High), would people there (fee-payers) treat me differently? From your experience.
if you care... don't tell people?
Reply 2
People would only know if you tell them?
Reply 3
Oh yeah I forgot.
I don't want to lie though? Maybe I will. Hmm. Alright, thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by nombo
Oh yeah I forgot.
I don't want to lie though? Maybe I will. Hmm. Alright, thanks.

And if they did judge you, then they're not worth speaking to.
dude, my school's full of posh twits, but i'm there on two scholarships and a bursary, sure there's a divide between the aloof ones who can get around on money but there's also people like me who have been given a place on merit and failing financial standards.

You won't be judged as such, but if you are just be like...

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
I don't know how posh this school is...

at my school my friend was on a 50% bursary / enhanced scholarship and we just thought 'good for him' - I'm still impressed by it, as he got it through high marks in his entrance exam coupled with financial need.

My cousin has got a lot more money than me and she goes to an even posher school. She insinuated that they discriminated against scholarship people... so presumably bursary too. I found that pretty appalling. So I wouldn't tell people if you're self conscious - if it was me on the other hand I'd just say **** anyone that saw it as a bad thing!
Reply 7
@bassingabout: Ha, totally!
@fortrans: That's interesting. I am a little self-conscious although I shouldn't be. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending