The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Film Production Technology

Hey guys,

I started Staffs uni last Sept 2011 and actually chose nursing as a course, come Dec decided it wasn't for me, didn't like it, it wasn't giving me any excitement nor motivation. Decided I'd rather do Film Tech (in short my main reasons were that the majority of my friends do Film Tech, I spend a lot of time with them watching them do their work so I know pretty much exactly what they have to do and what assignments are due in etc etc, I was always interested in film as well as nursing, yes I know weird combo right, my birth dad also did film when he was in uni bt I don't know much about what he went into), so I went and spoke to a few ppl from the uni, signed some forms, and bish bash bosh I'll be starting the course as a 1st yearer (again...yippee! :biggrin:) come this Sept 2012.

If you'll also be starting the course, or similar courses like Film Tech Post Production or CGI find me on fb (under Charlotte Morgan), drop me a private message, or just comment in this post and maybe we can get to know each other before Sept :smile:
Reply 1
weird combo indeed. have you considered the film production courses?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
What do you mean have I considered them? You mean like properly thought it all through? Of course I have haha
Reply 3
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
What do you mean have I considered them? You mean like properly thought it all through? Of course I have haha

no:tongue: I meant considered applying to the three production courses instead of the technology courses, Media (film) production, experimental production and the commercial thingy. But i guess they're very different
Reply 4
Original post by alexblack
no:tongue: I meant considered applying to the three production courses instead of the technology courses, Media (film) production, experimental production and the commercial thingy. But i guess they're very different

Hi hi, could you explain the difference between the technology course and a production course, I've applied for film production technology and just wanna make sure I've got the right course...he didn't really explain well on the open day :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by IzzieRyder
Hi hi, could you explain the difference between the technology course and a production course, I've applied for film production technology and just wanna make sure I've got the right course...he didn't really explain well on the open day :smile:

The technology course will focus more in depth on all the technical aspects of film production - Operating camera, lighting, and sound equipment, as well as editing in post production.

The Film Production courses will feature all aspects i'd imagine, from screenwriting to filming to editing. All areas of Pre production, production, and post-production.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 6
Hi! I'm not doing film production tech, but a graphic design foundation degree (it's taught at Stafford College but ran by Staffs Uni, so I still get to stay at Stafford halls and stuff). Anyways, just saying hi really and I'd more than happy to start talking to you or something before September cos to be honest I am pretty hecking nervous about starting, especially as I've heard there's not many girls at the Stafford campus. D:
Original post by LizMrg
Hi! I'm not doing film production tech, but a graphic design foundation degree (it's taught at Stafford College but ran by Staffs Uni, so I still get to stay at Stafford halls and stuff). Anyways, just saying hi really and I'd more than happy to start talking to you or something before September cos to be honest I am pretty hecking nervous about starting, especially as I've heard there's not many girls at the Stafford campus. D:

Hey :smile: I know I wouldn't have believed this if someone had said this to me this time last year but there really is nothing to worry about! The halls I really enjoyed being in, and I made sooo many friends there it really is the best experience I've ever had being in uni and Stafford is a lovely town. I'm not living in halls this year, even though I'll technically a Fresher again I'm still a 2nd year at the uni so I'll be living with friends in a house.

If you have any questions at all feel free to PM on here or add me on facebook (Charlotte Elisabeth Morgan) :smile:
Reply 8
Hello all. You will find that with film nearly all the modules are the same for each course for the first year so even if you pick the wrong one it does not matter. Also on a side note they let you switch course if you have already been accepted at the university which is just a simple form you have to get signed by your award leader.
Reply 9
any comments on the film courses in comparison to other unis though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending