The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crystallouise99
Oh yayy !! Did I get ...........and ........... questions right then ??
:smile::smile:

That was the answer to the last last question,
second last question was neon and helium :smile:
Original post by krishna123
That was the answer to the last last question,
second last question was neon and helium :smile:

No, but the TeachChemistry person said it was right :frown:.. check the post.
Reply 742
No, but the TeachChemistry person said it was right :frown:.. check the post.

he meant the second last question, i asked him

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
you would lose the mark for doing two it say one and normally it say one in bold as well.
Original post by tom.h54321
Say if the question said Suggest One reason for something, if I put two reasons and they were both right, would I still get the mark, or would the examiner think this kid doesn't know what one means and say no. Also if one were right and the other were wrong would I get the mark. And the teacher on the thread, can you give me an estimate on what the grade boundaries will be, A and A*. Thank You
Reply 744
Original post by TeachChemistry
I don't have the paper with me right now. If you mean what were the gases that did not liquify at -200degC then you just had to look at the bpts in the table. Helium and neon.

can you make an unofficial mark scheme as you seen the paper again and know most answers?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Em019
can you make an unofficial mark scheme as you seen the paper again and know most answers?

graph question was 450kg confirmed by that TeachChemistry guy.
Original post by krishna123
graph question was 450kg confirmed by that TeachChemistry guy.

I'm not entirely sure because how can a teacher have the exam paper, not even one week after the exam ??:confused:

My teacher said that was impossible and highly unlikely ??
Reply 747

Hi, okay two questions.

How many marks was the very last question worth and was the graph question just worth 1? Thanks:smile:
Reply 748
the graph question was worth 1 right? what was the very last question worth? thanks
I'm not entirely sure because how can a teacher have the exam paper, not even one week after the exam ??:confused:

My teacher said that was impossible and highly unlikely ??

A teacher can have an exam,minutes after an exam or days-I have had teachers who have-basically,not all exam papers are usually used up in the exam because they have to make more just to be on the safe side and this leaves some for the teachers to pick up.
Reply 750
does anyone know if there are resits for the aqa science exams??!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by __amberr_
does anyone know if there are resits for the aqa science exams??!!

yh... thank GOD!!!:biggrin:
Reply 752
Original post by Dalek1099
A teacher can have an exam,minutes after an exam or days-I have had teachers who have-basically,not all exam papers are usually used up in the exam because they have to make more just to be on the safe side and this leaves some for the teachers to pick up.

Yeah. Our teachers managed to secure the papers almost on the day.
If you've got the paper can you please make a unofficial mark scheme please or upload the paper please?
Correct!
Original post by SportsFan
If you've got the paper can you please make a unofficial mark scheme please or upload the paper please?

The paper is still 'secure' and as such it would be inappropriate for me to upload it. Why not ask your own teacher about specific questions?
(edited 11 years ago)
what do you mean secure ok then please make a unofficial mark scheme then.
The paper is still 'secure' and as such it would be inappropriate for me to upload it. Why not ask your own teacher about specific questions?
what does everyone think 40/60 would be?

ta

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
probably B or A depending on grade boundaries.

Flicking through, the paper looked alright. Apart from the 4-marker on Miller-Urey i couldn't see anything too demanding.

AQA only releases papers for general consumption AFTER the next set of exams. Schools can access them on the secure site soon after the exam, or refer to spare copies left after the exam. One of the main reasons for this is that many schools use the most recent set of papers for internal mocks and setting (mine does). I usually post the last set of papers here just before the next exam, after schools have used them.

SportsFan, I'm certain TeachChemistry has better things to be doing than sitting down and writing a mark scheme for the paper. I certainly do! Furthermore the extended answer questions are hard to write mark schemes for.

Unless your school is certificating your GCSE this summer, there should be a chance to re-sit. My yr10s ARE being certificated, so they can't re-sit any of the exams that they have done up to this point.
what was the 6 mark question about again? the one assessing good english?
I think I got a U, E, F

Haven't really checked the answers but guessing

This unit in Jan

Boundaries were

A* - 48, A-38 , B - 28 , C - 23

We did the mock for the jan and got 20 marks. Was 3 away from a C

Dx.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending