The Student Room Group

Is it because I'm ugly

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Larendor
... How nice of you to insult a girl you don't know anything about, other than her appearance.

Attachment not found

Hold on, who do you mean I'm insulting????
Be confident in your skin its the only way, im a 20 year old male also indian and havent got the face of no popstar but i dnt give a fck what others see me as. Of course i try and look after myself e.g workout, dress well, smell good etc. I just then bring out my confidence of knowing i look how i look and im fine with that.

Im sure you are NOT ugly and just are finding flaws and seeing those situations as being part of your looks.

P.S Not all guys just go for pretty girls only, so dont think you wont be found attractive by some out there.
Reply 42
Original post by Chicken Hulk
Be confident in your skin its the only way, im a 20 year old male also indian and havent got the face of no popstar but i dnt give a fck what others see me as. Of course i try and look after myself e.g workout, dress well, smell good etc. I just then bring out my confidence of knowing i look how i look and im fine with that.

Im sure you are NOT ugly and just are finding flaws and seeing those situations as being part of your looks.

P.S Not all guys just go for pretty girls only, so dont think you wont be found attractive by some out there.

Very well said. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Original post by math1234
You are beautiful, 100% truth.
And The flatmate who was with you in the taxi: stop meeting with such *****

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That's bull**** to deny that there aren't ugly people in the world.
Original post by Pitt1988
To be honest them guys are massive bellends. Personally I can't stand the blonde, orange through fake tan, attention seeking slappers that parade around bars and clubs thinking that they are the best thing that would ever happen to a guy, preying on some guys idiocy to buy them drinks all night. Been there and the majority don't give a **** about anyone, it's al me, me, me with them.

Give me a down to earth, intelligent, funny chick any day.

You say that but really you want a beautiful girl.
Original post by im so academic

Of course everyone wants a beautiful/handsome partner but looks only get you so far. Some good looking girls have the sh*test personalilties and some have awsome ones you just gotta find them but at the end of the day looks grabs attention and the personality will carry things on. If you get a beautiful girl with awsome personality then WIN WIN and if you get a ok looking girl with awsome personality its still all good
(edited 11 years ago)
if anythings ugly its someones thoughts.

so forget the concept of external looks, and stand up for yourself. usually when you are quiet guys like the one you describe are just tempted to look down on you.

if someone is attacking you be aggressive and stand up for yourslef

Oh don't fill up this thread with your poisonous melodramas I'mSo!
Original post by Newbie123

Jocelyn Wildenstein's story is really quite sad- http://starcasm.net/archives/15419 that's what she looked like before surgery, like a normal person. She asked her plastic surgeon to make her look like a tiger because her husband was cheating on her and she wanted to win back his affection by transforming herself into the pet tigers that he adored (apparently he was a millionaire so he owned tigers).
Reply 49
i read that whole thing in some fresh indian accent

edit- I find a fresh indian accent a huge turn on, dont hate!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by ckingalt
Your only real problem is that you are massively insecure. Your self-doubt becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. People look down on you because they intuitively realize that you look down on yourself.

THIS 100 times over!! Confident people radiate beauty!! I would know, I used to hate my face and cry all the time because I hated myself, and then I thought... hang on a second, what's that gonna do? Just be YOU, and be confident in your own skin, and your inner beauty will shine through, I promise.

And the best beauty accessory... a smile!! :biggrin: (haha super cheesy!)
Reply 51
Original post by Sharon-nd
I’m a 20 year old British Indian female student one issue that has been a large concern for me is the insults I have received from guys in the past. Throughout high school I was constantly bullied to which changed when I moved to a sixth form college. I try and brush off the bullying as an attribute to my high school appearance in which I was a late developer and very small and skinny as well having both glasses and braces topped off with a lisp. However I think the feeling of being the ugly girl and just innately ugly to my core hasn’t ever completely disappeared.
My appearance has completely changed from high school and I have actually received some compliments since from guys and girls yet they seem to evaporate in the midst of the insults that I have also received. I never dare feel good about myself like I’m not worthy and I feel like I need to know why I got these insults and every insult I received from guys since enforces this. For example in fresher’s week I was sharing a taxi with my flatmates and a guy ,when I said something to one of my flatmates the guy laughed and then proceeded to do an imitation of my lisp which reduced me to tears. Now I can’t help think he would act like that to my blonde stunning flatmate who he’d been trying to pull all night and buy her drinks, accentuating the divide between me and the pretty girl who doesn’t get insulted. Another time a guy accidently burned me with a cigarette to which I cried out in pain and he looked me up and down and said she’s small he said it in an “urggh she’s small” sort of way. Now for all of you who assumed that I annoyed them I barely spoke to them and it was the first time meeting them in those instances so how could they know me, and my friends say I’m really shy and timid when meeting people.
I also feel like maybe it’s because I’m not one of those pretty girls and don’t look like the members of “The Saturdays” or am not a blonde beauty that this is why. I feel like guys view me as ugly and so not worthy of respect. My friends say I’m pretty but I feel the pretty girls all the guys want are never insulted and instead worshipped. Also I read somewhere that guys want the girls other guys desire and I feel like I oppose this and feel like tainted goods because of the insults I have received, if other guys believed this of me and all the ugly comments I have received as well being overlooked why would they want me. Thank you for reading this any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey girl! Trust me on this, I've been there! I'm also 20 and indian and im am most definatly NOT the next Aishwarya Rai!:colone:
When I was in secondary school (in a girl's private school) I had NO confidence watsoever! I was shy, quiet, didnt have many friends etc. I was also a big girl compared to everyone else, and wearing an ugly uniform made me feel More ugly! So those wern't my happy days...
Then when i finally moved onto 6th form, went to a mixed college for 2 years, and everything changed! Its like turning over a new leaf! Met a variety of people, got to know them, made loads new friends, and of course, you could wear anything u want!:smile: So gradually, my confidence grew, and i learned how to be JUST MYSELF!:biggrin: And Of course there were dickhead guys but it didn't bother that much because i learned to ignore them and just get on! Life is nothing without friends, especially those who care about you and are always there for you!:biggrin: And those 2 years were the best!
So now im at uni , made some great friends and learning to become more independent. I may still not have the body of BEYONCE, but im happy about the way i feel inside me now. Now im even considered as "quite loud" and the "joker" to most my friends!:rolleyes:
So one of the MAIN ingredient to having a good life, is CONFIDENCE! And please don't feel that you are "ugly" because you are NOT! (u prob look prettier than me:colondollar:) remember, BEAUTY is from WITHIN, not what stupid dikheads think!

Good luck hun! and BELIEVE in yourself:thumbsup:
(edited 11 years ago)
look at jayz? hes ugly he got beyonce...make money and youll get nice guys
Reply 53
Original post by Pinkool14
Hey girl! Trust me on this, I've been there! I'm also 20 and indian and im am most definatly NOT the next Aishwarya Rai!:colone:
When I was in secondary school (in a girl's private school) I had NO confidence watsoever! I was shy, quiet, didnt have many friends etc. I was also a big girl compared to everyone else, and wearing an ugly uniform made me feel More ugly! So those wern't my happy days...
Then when i finally moved onto 6th form, went to a mixed college for 2 years, and everything changed! Its like turning over a new leaf! Met a variety of people, got to know them, made loads new friends, and of course, you could wear anything u want!:smile: So gradually, my confidence grew, and i learned how to be JUST MYSELF!:biggrin: And Of course there were dickhead guys but it didn't bother that much because i learned to ignore them and just get on! Life is nothing without friends, especially those who care about you and are always there for you!:biggrin: And those 2 years were the best!
So now im at uni , made some great friends and learning to become more independent. I may still not have the body of BEYONCE, but im happy about the way i feel inside me now. Now im even considered as "quite loud" and the "joker" to most my friends!:rolleyes:
So one of the MAIN ingredient to having a good life, is CONFIDENCE! And please don't feel that you are "ugly" because you are NOT! (u prob look prettier than me:colondollar:) remember, BEAUTY is from WITHIN, not what stupid dikheads think!

Good luck hun! and BELIEVE in yourself:thumbsup:

Negged for gigantic text and over abundance of smilies.
Reply 54
You are probably a little over-defensive due to how things have been for you in the past.

Part of being friends with boys is that you have to put up with this.. Listen to them with their male friends, literally 50% of their conversations are them ripping each other. And 'pretty' girls get this same treatment too just perhaps not on a night out when a bloke is trying to pull them.

You can:
a) Learn some insults and laugh it off! I know it is difficult but you can't live your whole life feeling offended.
or
b) Make some new friends who don't offend you.

If I have got this completely wrong and they are genuinely knobs then again, make some new friends. I would rather be alone then spend time with bullies.
Reply 55

Well obviously I have to be attracted to her. But I've had one of the girls everyone wants before and she was just a dick!
Original post by Elissabeth
But, remember, at the end of the day, LOOKS FADE!!!!

That blonde girl will age just like anyone else, and will anyone respect her anymore than anyone else once she has lost her looks???

Beauty doesn't really fade. A person considered pretty in her teens and twens will
always look better than someone considered ugly and will therefore be more
respected.

Inconvenient for most, but true.
Reply 57
Original post by Sharon-nd
I’m a 20 year old British Indian female student one issue that has been a large concern for me is the insults I have received from guys in the past. Throughout high school I was constantly bullied to which changed when I moved to a sixth form college. I try and brush off the bullying as an attribute to my high school appearance in which I was a late developer and very small and skinny as well having both glasses and braces topped off with a lisp. However I think the feeling of being the ugly girl and just innately ugly to my core hasn’t ever completely disappeared.
My appearance has completely changed from high school and I have actually received some compliments since from guys and girls yet they seem to evaporate in the midst of the insults that I have also received. I never dare feel good about myself like I’m not worthy and I feel like I need to know why I got these insults and every insult I received from guys since enforces this. For example in fresher’s week I was sharing a taxi with my flatmates and a guy ,when I said something to one of my flatmates the guy laughed and then proceeded to do an imitation of my lisp which reduced me to tears. Now I can’t help think he would act like that to my blonde stunning flatmate who he’d been trying to pull all night and buy her drinks, accentuating the divide between me and the pretty girl who doesn’t get insulted. Another time a guy accidently burned me with a cigarette to which I cried out in pain and he looked me up and down and said she’s small he said it in an “urggh she’s small” sort of way. Now for all of you who assumed that I annoyed them I barely spoke to them and it was the first time meeting them in those instances so how could they know me, and my friends say I’m really shy and timid when meeting people.
I also feel like maybe it’s because I’m not one of those pretty girls and don’t look like the members of “The Saturdays” or am not a blonde beauty that this is why. I feel like guys view me as ugly and so not worthy of respect. My friends say I’m pretty but I feel the pretty girls all the guys want are never insulted and instead worshipped. Also I read somewhere that guys want the girls other guys desire and I feel like I oppose this and feel like tainted goods because of the insults I have received, if other guys believed this of me and all the ugly comments I have received as well being overlooked why would they want me. Thank you for reading this any help is greatly appreciated.

My opinion is, if you can't respect yourself And accept yourself for who you are it is impossible to be respected. Regardless of your looks. If you respect yourself you can and will demand respect from others, not the other way round. You have never done anything to be ashamed of, realise what your good qualities as a person are and work on those to become someone people respect.
Original post by Cinnamon_Twist
Jocelyn Wildenstein's story is really quite sad- http://starcasm.net/archives/15419 that's what she looked like before surgery, like a normal person. She asked her plastic surgeon to make her look like a tiger because her husband was cheating on her and she wanted to win back his affection by transforming herself into the pet tigers that he adored (apparently he was a millionaire so he owned tigers).

Yeah, I know the story - I had to find out more after seeing that face - but it doesn't change the fact that she's bat**** crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending