The Student Room Group

English Lang/lit WJEC 20th June 2012

Hi couldn't find another discussion on this exam (think its LA4) but is anyone sitting it tomorrow?
I'm doing the wuthering heights and hope something like love comes up as a theme!

What are people concentrating on??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
I think I'm more focussed on the synoptic paper :s-smilie: I hope relatively easy themes come up though. I would like 'Power' for Wuthering Heights, or something similar. I saw a past paper with the synoptic part about a 'sense of place'?! Like WTH :angry:
Reply 2
I would love power! That's good to bring into others like love, injustice, revenge etc so hopefully something along those lines will come up! My weakness is bringing terms into w.h question so really hoping for a nice paper x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Finally a thread for this exam! :biggrin: I literally have no idea what might come up, "class" would be lovely but if "power" was to come up I guess you can incorporate bits about class into it :smile: I feel more prepared for the Section B (Wuthering Heights) than for Section A - I hate comparison of unseen texts :sad:
Reply 4
Original post by madders94
Finally a thread for this exam! :biggrin: I literally have no idea what might come up, "class" would be lovely but if "power" was to come up I guess you can incorporate bits about class into it :smile: I feel more prepared for the Section B (Wuthering Heights) than for Section A - I hate comparison of unseen texts :sad:

Same. I'd love for revenge or even Setting to come up though, too. Been trying to memorise quotes but none of them seem to want to sit in my head.

Definitely not looking forward to comparing the unseen texts, much prefer Wuthering Heights to that.
Reply 5
Original post by Ras17
Same. I'd love for revenge or even Setting to come up though, too. Been trying to memorise quotes but none of them seem to want to sit in my head.

Definitely not looking forward to comparing the unseen texts, much prefer Wuthering Heights to that.

I haven't even tried to memorize quotes, I have a fairly good memory of where certain events happen in the book so I'll just flick to that bit and find quotes. I've been trying to remember quotes from the other books to compare them to Wuthering Heights but nothing's sticking.
Reply 6
Original post by madders94
I haven't even tried to memorize quotes, I have a fairly good memory of where certain events happen in the book so I'll just flick to that bit and find quotes. I've been trying to remember quotes from the other books to compare them to Wuthering Heights but nothing's sticking.

We've been told to concentrate on Wuthering Heights and anything from the comparative texts is supplementary and doesn't even need to be quoted, just mentioned in context to the point you're making :/
Reply 7
Original post by Ras17
We've been told to concentrate on Wuthering Heights and anything from the comparative texts is supplementary and doesn't even need to be quoted, just mentioned in context to the point you're making :/

Good because I can't remember any supplementary quotes :biggrin:

Quick Reply