A* - ICT
A* - History
A* - Geography
A - English Lit
A- English Language
A - French
A - Classical Civilisation
AA- Dual Science

are these grades okay for history and Arabic at St Andrews? I'm also predicted in the 38-41 IB range
Reply 1
is this a rhetorical question?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
They're a hell of a lot better than mine are.

I got A*A*ABBBBBBB

and one of those B's is strangely enough in the subject I'm doing the best in here/switching my degree to next year.

Try and figure that one out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA and got rejected even though I was applying for Maths and was predicted an A* in my Maths and Further Maths A-levels.

They look at more than your GCSE grades though so you shouldn't be worrying too much.
Reply 4
Original post by Negaduck
I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA and got rejected even though I was applying for Maths and was predicted an A* in my Maths and Further Maths A-levels.

They look at more than your GCSE grades though so you shouldn't be worrying too much.

They must have really not liked you then loooooool.

Yeah your GCSE's are good enough to apply. If you do not achieve as well as you should at A-level i.e. predicted AAAA and get ABBC or something, a good personal statement and a good set of GCSE's always helps.
I don't think they'll give a **** about your GCSEs.
They dont care what grades you got in lower years unless they are terribly shameful.
Reply 7
No, they're ****.
Reply 8
You'll end up washing windows with those grades, bro.
Original post by CJKay
You'll end up washing windows with those grades, bro.

Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, bro?
Reply 10
Original post by Calllu-m
Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, bro?

Apparently not in your case! :smile:
Reply 11
Personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement, personal statement.

I got one A*, As and Bs (in science) at GCSE, predicted AAB at A level, and I was accepted for MolBiology. And when there was a mix up at UCAS that said I rejected them, they called me to to see if I would accept another course. So yeah, grades are important, but you need more than that (luckily in my case) to stand out.

I say, go for it. 'Cause St Andrews is friggin awesome. And you are definitely in a position to apply.
Reply 12
A* - Maths
A* - ICT
A* - History
A* - Geography
A - English Lit
A- English Language
A - French
AA- Dual Science

are these grades okay for history and Arabic at St Andrews? I'm also predicted in the 38-41 IB range

Your GCSEs are more than good enough. The only reason they might use them for deciding on giving you an offer is if there's a really similar candidate to you and they need a way of deciding between the two. But things like the personal statement, IB predictions and your reference are much more important.
Reply 13
lol! 'hey guys I got perfect grades look at my perfect grades and tell me they're good enough'.

Get a good statement and a good reference down and you'll be fine. My GCSEs were pretty average (A*s to a C) and I took three AS levels, so I think I got in because my tutor who wrote my personal reference was awesome and my personal statement was okay.
Reply 14
A* - Maths
A* - ICT
A* - History
A* - Geography
A - English Lit
A- English Language
A - French
AA- Dual Science

I've heard that they like at least one B at GCSE, so you've got no chance with those grades.
Reply 15
Original post by CJAW
I've heard that they like at least one B at GCSE, so you've got no chance with those grades.

HAHAHA MADE MY DAY!
But srsly, those grades are fine! Good luck!
Original post by Buzzzz
lol! 'hey guys I got perfect grades look at my perfect grades and tell me they're good enough'.

Get a good statement and a good reference down and you'll be fine. My GCSEs were pretty average (A*s to a C) and I took three AS levels, so I think I got in because my tutor who wrote my personal reference was awesome and my personal statement was okay.

Nah it's just my friend got rejected with 10A*s and amazing IB grades, brilliant statement etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending