The Student Room Group

C3 ocr mei june 21st 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck guys, did this in January. Here's the 2012 paper with mark scheme in one pdf.

Here are some practice papers as well :smile:
Reply 21
Here are some questions you can use to practise, they're from old specification but the questions should be relevant to section B, they may reuse the same question/format, one question was very similiar to January 2012.

The format is a bit odd but just follow the paper with the mark scheme. Also
Reply 22
Original post by bobadob
woop, I'm in on this. Realllllllllllly prepared for it, considering I got the C4 and C3 dates mixed up and revised for C3 as if was on the 14th. Safe to say... C4 didn't go well :wink:

This is a lot easier than I remembered it being at the beginning of the year. Nothing can be as bad as Jan 2012 though!

Ooooh unlucky hopefully the grade boundaries will be low, Yh messed up in Jan hoping to get 75ums to secure my B grade :smile:
Reply 23
According to the interwebz, there has been a supposed leak of this paper.
Everyone needs to try their best to find a copy and post it here.
Reply 24
Original post by Tedfoo25

youre joking?
Reply 25
Original post by Tedfoo25

is this trolling or genuine?
Reply 26
Have been doing the Jan 10 paper and puzzled by Qu8. Its not that I can't do it, but the Mark Scheme specifies radians and says degrees is wrong. Where is the clue in the question that you should use radians?

http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/c310ja_4753.pdf

Paper and Mark Scheme.
Reply 27
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
This exam had BETTER be nicer than Jan C3 exam, and June C4 exam!
Original post by hhh123
This exam had BETTER be nicer than Jan C3 exam, and June C4 exam!

Knowing the exam board, I wouldnt put money on it... :s-smilie:
Reply 31
I hope it's nice too :s-smilie: didn't really like the June C4 so I need to do well in this C3. :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by EckoGecko
I hope it's nice too :s-smilie: didn't really like the June C4 so I need to do well in this C3. :frown:

Yeah C4 was horrible.
Definitely....failed...that one.

P.s. big up Plymouth :wink:
Which college do you go to?
Original post by ddsxfg
Hi everyone.

I've just done the Jan 10 past paper and am puzzled by Qu8. The mark scheme says the question should be done in radians - but where in the question is the clue that you should use radians?

Here is the paper. Scroll down for the mark scheme: http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/c310ja_4753.pdf

You can only use differentiation and integration rules for trigonometry in radians. So they always are :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by hhh123
Yeah C4 was horrible.
Definitely....failed...that one.

P.s. big up Plymouth :wink:
Which college do you go to?

Plymouth High :wink:
Original post by EckoGecko
Plymouth High :wink:

SCUM!
Reply 36
Original post by mangostrawberry
You can only use differentiation and integration rules for trigonometry in radians. So they always are :smile:

Thanks didn't know that - you could have just saved me a grade tomorrow!
Reply 37
Aiming for at least 60/72 as each year except Jan 07 & Jan 09 (which was 61), I would get 80UMS, which is what I need.
Retaking this for the A*, I got 85 UMS in the horrid Jan 2012 paper :frown: But C4 didn't go very well for me last week so I'll just do my best now seeing as the A* is very unlikely.
The worst questions in C3 are definately the proof ones, and I can't sketch the inverse diagrams either :/
By the way, how many significant figures do you give on questions not asking for the exact value?

I wish everyone the best of luck though!
Reply 39
Original post by TrampingRampage
Retaking this for the A*, I got 85 UMS in the horrid Jan 2012 paper :frown: But C4 didn't go very well for me last week so I'll just do my best now seeing as the A* is very unlikely.
The worst questions in C3 are definately the proof ones, and I can't sketch the inverse diagrams either :/
By the way, how many significant figures do you give on questions not asking for the exact value?

I wish everyone the best of luck though!

3sf

Quick Reply

Latest