The Student Room Group

Where do people stand on the 'Thigh gap' situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thigh gap? I don't think i had it even when i was a kid. I couldn't pull my thighs apart even if i wanted to. (This is a not a self deprecating humor.) :biggrin:
After my first post in this thread, I tried to see what the thigh gap was all about. Standing in front of the mirror last night, I found that I could just about create one by leaning ever so slightly forward. I thought it looked weird not having my thighs touch though!
Original post by Rascacielos
After my first post in this thread, I tried to see what the thigh gap was all about. Standing in front of the mirror last night, I found that I could just about create one by leaning ever so slightly forward. I thought it looked weird not having my thighs touch though!

Thats normal. I have a tiny weeney one when I sit down. However its scary when you see some women with thier feet together and they are standing straight and have quite a gap between thier legs
Original post by Chrisateen
Thats normal. I have a tiny weeney one when I sit down. However its scary when you see some women with thier feet together and they are standing straight and have quite a gap between thier legs

Isn't it attractive though?

For me, there is no gap when I do that.
Reply 84
I actually do like the look of a gap as long as they're not too skinny. But then again I'm pretty noncy.
Original post by im so academic

Depends on the individual. It looks ok on some people and it look scary on others.
The funniest thing is how girls think they can "tone" inner thighs by using the adductor/abductor machine (aka "vagina machine"), and actually end up building up their adductors and then their thighs will always touch cos of muscle mass! :laugh:

It's probably possible for some girls to have a thigh gap and be a healthy weight, if they have relatively wide set hips, but as others have said, it's probably an unrealistic unhealthy goal for many, and its a silly detail that shouldn't be obsessed over.
(edited 11 years ago)

I wouldn't mind betting that the thigh gap is not something a man even considers when looking at a woman.

It's attractive on some women, but faced with the choice between these two women, for example - the guy isn't going to base his decision on a thigh gap.

jenny-mccarthy-bikini.jpg

1775003075_c47dd4fa1e.jpg

I think it's scary how many girls go crazy that nobody will ever be attracted to them if, god forbid, their thighs touch. You can be equally attractive without a thigh gap.
Original post by alexmagpie
I wouldn't mind betting that the thigh gap is not something a man even considers when looking at a woman.

It's attractive on some women, but faced with the choice between these two women, for example - the guy isn't going to base his decision on a thigh gap.

jenny-mccarthy-bikini.jpg

1775003075_c47dd4fa1e.jpg

I think it's scary how many girls go crazy that nobody will ever be attracted to them if, god forbid, their thighs touch. You can be equally attractive without a thigh gap.

Thigh gaps are sexier. It's easier for men to do their business if a girl has a thigh gap, enhancing his sexual experience.
I have a thigh gap.

But...not the normal kind...I just have bandy legs.
Reply 90
Until today I have never even thought about it.
Thigh gaps are sexier. It's easier for men to do their business if a girl has a thigh gap, enhancing his sexual experience.

That's just... no. Women don't lie there with their legs clamped shut while he tries to force it in.
Reply 92
What Girls Think A Thigh Gap Is: A holy space between your thighs that lets in sunshine and will make you want to run in slow motion and twirl in the sand. It will give you instant happines. Boys will adore you. Girls will envy you. You'll have everything you want and more.

What A Thigh Gap Actually is: A space between your thighs that nobody gives a damn about.
A lot of it has to do with hip size as well as weight. My friend and I for example have exactly the same size thighs but she has a much bigger gap between hers than I do, it's very noticeable. This is because she has very wide set hips, which she hates. I personally quite like them as they give her a nice shape. If someone with her size gap had my size hips however, it would be quite worrying as they'd need to be drastically underweight.
Reply 94

:rofl:
My thighs have a small gap between them but my younger sister (with slimmer legs than me) has no gap.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 96
I've always assumed the only people who care about it are women who worry about their size/weight to an unhealthy extent. I couldn't tell you if any my exs had it not off the top of my head so don't care at all
it's a nice attribute on some but honestly, no one focuses on it. If it's there cool, if it's not, you're not gonna be hauled out of town with pitch forks!
Original post by Jimbo1234
:rofl:
Or
now brace yourself for this...
....you are fairly heavy with a high body fat %. The fact that you quote your bmi reinforces your lack of knowledge when it comes to fitness.
Many female athletes won't have it because of muscle. The fact that you compare yourself to them with a body fat % of 20% is just laughable.

She wasn't comparing herself to them, she said "athletes EITHER".

Obviously lifestyle may influence the chance of having a "gap" or not, but if you have narrower thighs you would need much thinner legs before having a thigh gap, which may correspond to a weight which is too low to be healthy / makes you look yucky and bony - whereas someone with wider hips and tendency to store fat on the abdomen may still have a thigh gap at a plumper weight, regardless of exercise.

Therefore, everything interplays.
as for myself..,

I used to have one, but am starting to lose it. :frown: Hopefully will tone up over Summer, although people do say I look better now I have put a bit more weight on, but I feel I should tone up /trim a bit... I think I look a bit out of shape.
Reply 99
Thigh gaps? I would have never thought to look at the gap in a girl's thighs before.. I hate you lot, now whenever I see a hot girl, first thing I'm gonna look at is whether she has thigh gaps :P

Quick Reply

Latest