The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiekutie
Oh cool!! :smile:. I don't understand much about sub-diplomas, (going to 6th form). But good luck on the course :smile: x

Sorry I said college I'm going to sixth form too:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
First, simplify to get:

Integrate it:

Substitute in y = 2 and x = -1:

Solve for C to get:

Therefore,

cheers, i know where i went wrong. :smile:
Original post by blueray
Might learn Japanese after I finish my gcses :biggrin: And no not the gcse standard japanese :tongue:

Same but I need to research what I need to learn for each Kanji. I mean apparently they have various meanings and pronunciations.. so I don't want to learn 100+ Kanji and then realise I missed out half of the stuff..

Do you know what I need to know for each Kanji??
I got something else (I did it quickly so if anyone find I am wrong, feel free to correct me)

First, simplify to get:

Integrate it:

Substitute in y = 2 and x = -1:

Solve for C to get:

Therefore,

How would you do this one, is it the exact same priniciple as the first one by simplifying?

The gradient function of a curve is given by dy/dx= x-6/x^3+2. Find the equation of the curve if it passes through the point (3,-1)

How would you do it the same way since the 6 has no power of 'x'?
Or would you make it into a power of 'x' by putting it as '6x^0' and then simplifying it?
One more exam next week!

Woooo!
Original post by AwkwardLemur
One more exam next week!

Woooo!

an exam tomorrow and an exam next wednesday and then freedom! :biggrin:
so i have a question for anyone who knows the answer really!
so for tessellations how does it work? is it that the interior angles around a point must be a factor of 360?
Original post by AwkwardLemur
One more exam next week!

Woooo!

*snap*..except my exam is on Friday :colone:
Hi everyone, so... I've completely failed my GCSE'S
I already know I have a Distinction* in Health and Social Care
I have a B in English Language so thats good.
Right now those are the only ones I'm possitive about.

RE, First exam=D, last exam, wrote a load of rubish but I don't mind if I fail it :P
French, Speaking=D/C, Writing=D/E, Listening and Reading went pretty well I think so hopefully if I am really lucky I will scrape a C... :s-smilie:
History, CW=B, Medicine Through Time exam=C but I've resat it, American West I think went okay but I don't know, I just hope I can scrape a C...
Geography, CW=B, Rivers and Coasts exam=C, Final exam.. I missed out on maybe 20 marks... So again hoping I can scrape a C
Maths, This is the dozenth time I've resat it and I still can't get a C :angry: I have worked so incrediably hard I'm not kidding, I've had tutoring, after school, in school, a ton of work at home but I still failed the exams :frown:
English Literature... I had a panic attack in the final exam and just sat there hardly writing anything :frown: I knew it too but I was shaking that bad I couldn't write.. I've probably got an E or a U which will seriously bring my grade down :angry:
Core Science, CW=B/C, I think its a B, Chemistry=C, Ideas in Context=C and I still need to Physics, but its my worst subject but I'm hoping I'l scrape a C overall..

Additional Science is the one I am seriously worried about
Chemistry=D, CW=C, Physics=E and I did the Biology today... I didn't understand any of it... what do you think I would come out with overall?
Whats going to happen if I fail it?! I NEED to do Biology in sixth form.
And Maths as well I really don't want to have to resit maths in sixth form :frown:
What about my other subjects :frown: :angry: ughh I've failed it all. Any advice? All my teachers are good teachers. Although I didn't understand the way my french teacher explained things but she was really helpful and it was more of a case of trying to remember the stuff which.. obviously I couldn't manage that well. But my additional science teacher is awful, a complete joke, everyone in my class takes piss outta him constantly and we never got any work done. Plus I had to wait a full 2 hours for his help! I'm not kidding I went up to him, called him over and it was always wait a minute... so yeah didn't get much help there
But I'm really freaking out now.. .I don't know what to do :frown:. wow sorry this is so long :frown:
Two more exams, then....:party::party: Lot's of it!:wink:
Original post by HeatherC19
Hi everyone, so... I've completely failed my GCSE'S
I already know I have a Distinction* in Health and Social Care
I have a B in English Language so thats good.
Right now those are the only ones I'm possitive about.

RE, First exam=D, last exam, wrote a load of rubish but I don't mind if I fail it :P
French, Speaking=D/C, Writing=D/E, Listening and Reading went pretty well I think so hopefully if I am really lucky I will scrape a C... :s-smilie:
History, CW=B, Medicine Through Time exam=C but I've resat it, American West I think went okay but I don't know, I just hope I can scrape a C...
Geography, CW=B, Rivers and Coasts exam=C, Final exam.. I missed out on maybe 20 marks... So again hoping I can scrape a C
Maths, This is the dozenth time I've resat it and I still can't get a C :angry: I have worked so incrediably hard I'm not kidding, I've had tutoring, after school, in school, a ton of work at home but I still failed the exams :frown:
English Literature... I had a panic attack in the final exam and just sat there hardly writing anything :frown: I knew it too but I was shaking that bad I couldn't write.. I've probably got an E or a U which will seriously bring my grade down :angry:
Core Science, CW=B/C, I think its a B, Chemistry=C, Ideas in Context=C and I still need to Physics, but its my worst subject but I'm hoping I'l scrape a C overall..

Additional Science is the one I am seriously worried about
Chemistry=D, CW=C, Physics=E and I did the Biology today... I didn't understand any of it... what do you think I would come out with overall?
Whats going to happen if I fail it?! I NEED to do Biology in sixth form.
And Maths as well I really don't want to have to resit maths in sixth form :frown:
What about my other subjects :frown: :angry: ughh I've failed it all. Any advice? All my teachers are good teachers. Although I didn't understand the way my french teacher explained things but she was really helpful and it was more of a case of trying to remember the stuff which.. obviously I couldn't manage that well. But my additional science teacher is awful, a complete joke, everyone in my class takes piss outta him constantly and we never got any work done. Plus I had to wait a full 2 hours for his help! I'm not kidding I went up to him, called him over and it was always wait a minute... so yeah didn't get much help there
But I'm really freaking out now.. .I don't know what to do :frown:. wow sorry this is so long :frown:

Firstly, there really is no need to worry-it's really not worth it. Worrying isn't going to change anything at all so it's a waste of time and energy.
Secondly, you don't know how you did until August 23rd :smile: I remember last year, I also thought I messed up biology really badly but I came out with great marks in it, so there really is no point in thinking "I couldn't understand any of it" or anything like that.
Besides, even if you don't get the results you want, there are so many other ways to achieve your career path without GCSEs. What do you want to do at uni, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by science-oliver
How would you do this one, is it the exact same priniciple as the first one by simplifying?

The gradient function of a curve is given by dy/dx= x-6/x^3+2. Find the equation of the curve if it passes through the point (3,-1)

How would you do it the same way since the 6 has no power of 'x'?
Or would you make it into a power of 'x' by putting it as '6x^0' and then simplifying it?

Do you mean:

x6x3+2x- \dfrac{6}{x^3} +2 or something else? :smile:
F I N I S H E D.

HOLY HELL. JOSDIJAODIJAOSIDJOIJ!OIJODISAJOIJXCPOICJPZIXJPAIJDPAISJDPOIAJSPDOIAJSPDOIJ OMGOMGOGGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMOG WOAOOAJOAWJOAJPOJPAOJDPAWOJ JBLBLBLBLBEBELBKELBKLK KAKAKAKAKAK WOOF WOOF RAHAHAHAHAH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Years of my life arduously and menially scathed by GCSEs no more! I am unfettered!
I don't have the energy for my last exam :frown:...guess it's time for coffee then :biggrin:
Original post by NomNomNom :)
I don't have the energy for my last exam :frown:...guess it's time for coffee then :biggrin:

Same!!

That's it... I'm done... I'm free.

Well I'm free until September!
Original post by claudiacoleman
Same!!

Coffee is my saviour :biggrin:

Neither am I:frown:
I have lost the will to revise ,but hey! Think of the long summmer!:smile:
Coffee is my saviour :biggrin:

:puke: I hate coffee and tea.

I swear you and I disagree on everything (who the best tennis player is, food etc.) :tongue:
Hellooooo all! :')
Only one exam left wooo! :dance:
How is everyone? :biggrin:

Latest