The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Discovery heights, who'll be in my flat?

Hi! I'm new to the forum :smile:
I've applied for accommodation at the Unite Housing at Plymouth University, Discovery Heights.
I'll be in flat 506 Sept 2012, where are other people staying? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be in flat 702! :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Reply 3
I'm in 305 :smile:
Reply 4
Hi everyone, i'm in flat 802. Apparently I don't have any flatmates yet! Anyone nearby?
Reply 5
Hello guys :smile: I'm looking into booking a flat in Discovery Heights, and there are so many options :O I've seen a few of the flats you lot are in, for instance Jamie's flat and Alex's flat. Just wondering what you lot would recommend for booking? I'm thinking about a 43 week Ensuite.

Anyone willing to help me out? :smile: Might also be nice to get to know potential flatmates before I book one as well :smile:
Reply 6
The reason I chose discovery housing is because it is a lot cleaner than the on site campus, and I would be paying at least 100 pounds a week for that also. When I looked around the accomodation of Plymouth university I was shocked, some of the worst halls were just vile. Plus you don't even get to choose which halls you want, and there's only a 30/40 percent chance you'll even get halls, if not you're put in housing.

I think finding housing outside of the university is a good idea, and if you're put off Unite, or can't afford it, then a house share would be your best idea. :smile:
That doesn't mean you can't go for a house share though. It will be infinitely cheaper, and probably nicer too.

Also, 50% of first years don't get into halls, so there are loads of houses that will be made up of first years who don't know eachother before hand, just like halls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Snape2255
Hello guys :smile: I'm looking into booking a flat in Discovery Heights, and there are so many options :O I've seen a few of the flats you lot are in, for instance Jamie's flat and Alex's flat. Just wondering what you lot would recommend for booking? I'm thinking about a 43 week Ensuite.

Anyone willing to help me out? :smile: Might also be nice to get to know potential flatmates before I book one as well :smile:

Hi Craig, glad you are looking at Discovery Heights. I thought it was very nice when I saw it, although I have heard a few people saying about extra costs being added on afterwards. I went for the 43 week ensuite room which is quite expensive, but had to be done! If you are planning on staying at Discovery Heights, you should apply asap as there aren't many places left there now, and they might sell out within a couple of weeks (that's what they told me). Good luck with your choice, and perhaps I will see you in September!
Don't go with unite.
I lived in Alexandra works my first year, i lost my deposit for no reason. I had a mouse in my flat for the last 3 months i was living there, even though our flat was constantly spotless.
The other uni halls are fine / bar gillwell, but i think i'd rather be in gillwell than a unite building again.
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by jaimemay

Me toooo!!
Reply 13
ahh decent, do you know of any others?
Reply 14
Original post by jaimemay
ahh decent, do you know of any others?

Just me you and my girlfriend atm.
Reply 15
ah right ok, guesss il see you in september then, what dates are you moving in?
Reply 16
Probably the 8th of September. Not sure yet.
Reply 17
Original post by biffyclyro27
That doesn't mean you can't go for a house share though. It will be infinitely cheaper, and probably nicer too.

Also, 50% of first years don't get into halls, so there are loads of houses that will be made up of first years who don't know eachother before hand, just like halls.

im doing a course at city college plymouth and i have a confirmed and completed place in discovery heights, i was worried about this as i really wanted to stay in halls, but i phoned unite and they said that it was ok
Reply 18
504 :smile:
Reply 19
I'm in 505 :smile:

Quick Reply