The Student Room Group

Holy Cross Sixth Form College?

Just wondering if anyone here on the TSR (besides one person who really helped me out about what they do in History, Maths and English Literature, you know who you are) goes to, is going to or has studied at Holy Cross Sixth Form College in Bury

Yes, I am going there in September :redface: and I have got the postcard about the New Student's Day.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm probably gonna end up going to Holy Cross Sixth Form College xD.
I'll also be going to the New Student's Day so maybe we'll see each other lol, hopefully i'll be taking Maths, Physics, History, English Lit and Computing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yay! Somebody responded to this! Yeah, we could see each other (since you're doing Maths and History, I might be in English Lit, but on the reply slip I changed it to Further Maths). Hope the day's insightful. Yet, the only thing I'm thinking about is French and what stationary we need for September :tongue:
Reply 3
Im in second year at holy cross. Just on study leave getting ready for first exam starting tommorow. I did maths chemistry biology and psychology in AS year then dropped maths for A2
Original post by aisha:)
Im in second year at holy cross. Just on study leave getting ready for first exam starting tommorow. I did maths chemistry biology and psychology in AS year then dropped maths for A2

Cool! What universities are you considering going to if you don't mind me asking?

Also, good luck in your exams :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Fool In The Rain
Cool! What universities are you considering going to if you don't mind me asking?

Also, good luck in your exams :biggrin:

thank you. and hopefully Manchester to do Pharmacy.
Reply 6
Seems good enough being top 10 and all that... I'm starting there in Sept. studying Maths, Physics, Computing and Media... Only real flaw is that it's compulsory to do Religious Studies and General Studies
Hi, I'm at Holy Cross at the moment, just finished AS studying Biology Chemistry Physics and Music.
Holy Cross is an amazing place, everyone here is genuinely nice and the teachers on the whole are great.
A lot of people are put off by RE and general studies but they're actually not that bad. They're both one period a week, and are basically just a relaxing place to get to know your tutor group. As long as you know how to write an essay general studies exams are really easy and don't need revision. RE just involves writing a 500 word essay that, as long as you write in English is incredibly hard to fail.
You also don't have to be very religous, as an atheist myself I was a little worried but there are a lot of different religions here and RE is taught as a discussion lesson where everyone's beliefs and opinions are valid. It's actually pretty good.
Feel free to ask me anything and I'll try and answer :'))
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
If anyone is still thinking of going to this college . Save yourself and don't go . It was the worst time of my life with teachers who need to go to hell And be trained . They hadn't had an inspection for years and went down from "outstanding " to "needs improving " and they use figures to make it look like the college has good reputation, like 40 oxbridge students in last 6 years , which is 7 each year out of the enrolment capacity of 3,000 students 😂😂😂😂 fy holy cross college bury , hope ofsted close u down cos they literally ruin lives behind closed doors . Learn how to improve a students life not tarnish it . Headmaster probably plays fidget spinners in his office all year round . He needs to leave
Original post by salaam
If anyone is still thinking of going to this college . Save yourself and don't go . It was the worst time of my life with teachers who need to go to hell And be trained . They hadn't had an inspection for years and went down from "outstanding " to "needs improving " and they use figures to make it look like the college has good reputation, like 40 oxbridge students in last 6 years , which is 7 each year out of the enrolment capacity of 3,000 students 😂😂😂😂 fy holy cross college bury , hope ofsted close u down cos they literally ruin lives behind closed doors . Learn how to improve a students life not tarnish it . Headmaster probably plays fidget spinners in his office all year round . He needs to leave

i applied to Holy Cross and it seems to me that its a great college
Reply 11
Original post by GangstaDuck

boi
Original post by !play
boi

???????????????
Reply 13

Let me know after 2 years kid
Original post by salaam
Let me know after 2 years kid

please explain, i am worried now
Reply 15
hahaha im going as well :smile: doing : Art ,Photography and Film Studies
Reply 16
Hi! I'm a current student at Holy Cross. I'm in year 12 and take Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and general studies. Achieved AAABa respectively at AS/Mock exams. (Feel free to ask me any questions) I hope you all did well in your interviews!!!!
Original post by !play
Hi! I'm a current student at Holy Cross. I'm in year 12 and take Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and general studies. Achieved AAABa respectively at AS/Mock exams. (Feel free to ask me any questions) I hope you all did well in your interviews!!!!

ya, well people are telling me its a bad college, and I am worried right now. I am going to the new students day as i gained an offer
Reply 18
ya, well people are telling me its a bad college, and I am worried right now. I am going to the new students day as i gained an offer

Honestly, Holy Cross is very traditional, strict and superb for anyone wanting to use brilliant A level grades to get into Uni. Places like Bury college are a bit more relaxed. It's up to you.
Original post by !play
Honestly, Holy Cross is very traditional, strict and superb for anyone wanting to use brilliant A level grades to get into Uni. Places like Bury college are a bit more relaxed. It's up to you.

what do u mean by strict?

Also I heard they got 'Needs Improving' on a report?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending