The Student Room Group

Clearing Overseas a bad idea?

I'm on holiday when i get my results and don't come back till 8th September... Would i be at a major disadvantage when i am trying to get on UCAS and especially if i'm on the computer?

Note - The GMT time would be +7 (China)
Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei
I'm on holiday when i get my results and don't come back till 8th September... Would i be at a major disadvantage when i am trying to get on UCAS and especially if i'm on the computer?

Note - The GMT time would be +7 (China)

It's not the best, but if it can't be avoided...

1. Arrange to find out your results someway - phone the school, get a trustworthy friend to pick them up, have them e-mailed, whatever.

2. Make sure you have a good internet connection so that you can look at Track, the Clearing listings and also The Telegraph (also has the listings.) If possible, try to get hold of a copy of The Telegraph.

3. Make sure you have a phone line, preferably one that won't cost you a fortune, in case you need to ring universities up.

4. Also consider things like accommodation and student finance if you end up at your insurance or in Clearing.

5. Be mindful of the time difference.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'll be in Hong Kong on that day, perhaps you should buy a phone card or something.
If the result is announced at 6am in England it will be 1pm in China/HongKong so there isn't a huge problem with time.
Also I think Google is blocked in China, so .... you might need the links available in UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending