The Student Room Group

Sex with ex girlfriend

Hi,

I recently broke up with my girlfriend earlier this month, was missing her like crazy made a fool of myself in front of her friends etc but maintained no contact for a while until today.... She was having issues at work so she called me and I invited her over tonight.... we had a good time admittedly and ended having great sex. We agreed to be **** buddies but I have this horrible feeling that when we had sex it made me feel like my feelings were coming back towards her but I don't know what to do.... should I just leave her now or should we just have sex or should I try for something more...

I'm kinda new to the whole relationships etc

Thanks
If you like her and you are just having sex with her then you will just get hurt again later, please don't do that. Either try for a relationship or else have no contact. Friends with benefits rarely works and it's only when neither have romantic feelings.
Reply 2
Don't do it. Either try and get her back or cut her out. sex buddies wont result in you being happy. I'd not be able to do it as im sure i'd end up getting feelings back.
**** buddies won't work. Maybe after a year once your feelings are completely gone, but not now. If the reason you broke up is something that can be fixed/compromised/put more effort into then you should just ask whether you can try again as a couple. Otherwise leave it and move on, because while you're having sex you won't get rid of your feelings, and you'll always be wanting more.
Reply 4
Thanks, I naively thought that meeting up with her would be a good thing as i missed her loads...but now I feel so bad inside.... like the empty feeling all over again fml. I would love to call her now but I don't want to ruin things with her.... She said she wants to be **** buddies and I stupidly agreed without thinking but now im regretting it to some extent :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, I naively thought that meeting up with her would be a good thing as i missed her loads...but now I feel so bad inside.... like the empty feeling all over again fml. I would love to call her now but I don't want to ruin things with her.... She said she wants to be **** buddies and I stupidly agreed without thinking but now im regretting it to some extent :frown:

Talk to her tomorrow and tell her the true reason, you can't do it because you do like her.
Let her know that you either try and restart your relationship or else you need time to yourself to get over her. If she starts an argument then she's not a very nice girl anyway!
Reply 6
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
Talk to her tomorrow and tell her the true reason, you can't do it because you do like her.
Let her know that you either try and restart your relationship or else you need time to yourself to get over her. If she starts an argument then she's not a very nice girl anyway!

Yeah maybe I should do that actually, feel so stupid inside :frown: I felt even more connected to her tonight than i've ever done..... so crazy is that normal?
Reply 7
Here be dragons, OP. You're going to get torn to pieces by your own feelings.
Like most others have said, being friends with benefits won't work if you have any form or romantic feelings towards her, or her to you, because someone will end up getting hurt.
Friends with benefits means you have sex with each other but if one of you met someone and decided to be with them, the other person has to be fine with that?
If she decided she wanted to start dating would you be fine with that? And wouldn't it hurt a million times more knowing you were only recently sleeping together?

I would suggest either having no contact at all or trying for a relationship.

I wish you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending