The Student Room Group

C4 June 2012 - Post Exam Thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jandroman767
I personally think that will be the boundary for an A*, look at last june papers grade boundaries and their difficulty :smile:

Original post by Arva
Congrats! Well, 69 would give you over 90 UMS in all but one of the past 14 session papers, so you should at least be close enough for your C3 to push it over the boundary!

awww guys, thanks :smile: I don't want to get my hopes up (lost quite a bit om c3 too) but i appreciate it x
Anyone have any UMS boundary predictions??

Hoping 61/75 is like 82 UMS
Reply 42
Original post by Eat.Sleep.Row.Repeat.
Hm. For my differential equation, I went further and took one of the Ys to the other side :/ to get 4x^2/12-3y=y. Think I'll lose all the marks for that? :/ other than that full marks :biggrin:

I did exactly same as you but i don't think we should lose any mark since it is still same answer but just in different form. We also shown the answer in unofficial mark scheme somewhere during our working out. It should be perfectly fine, they shouldn't take away mark for going even further :smile:
Reply 43
do you loose marks when no putting the modulus sign for lnx things on integration? (questions 1)b and 7)b)

also for 2)c I made read the question wrong and worked out dA/Dx. so i did v=6x^2, then dV/dx= 12x .... then said it was 96. would i get a mark for the first two things? (the question was out of 3)

for 3)c it was a two mark question, however i simply stated the answer, would i loose a working out mark?
Reply 44
For 1b. I got the integration correct and the final ln soultion but I may have got the constant wrong. How many marks would I lose?
Reply 45
Do we get any follow through marks for this? I integrated 1/y for Q4 instead of y; does that mean 5 marks down the drain? Does the first Q get follow through marks?
Where are the solutions?
Reply 47
For the first question I got the B and C values wrong so consequently differentiated wrong.

How many marks out of the (4) and (6) do you think i'll get ;\
Reply 48
model solutions are now in the first post
Grade boundaries arsey?
Reply 50
Hopefully about 70 for me. Cheers :smile:
Reply 51
Really annoyed with myself, did everything right in the last part of the last question apart from making a stupid mistake (I expanded the brackets and got 4lambda = 24) this may have cost me the a* :'( how many marks would I lose for this?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 52
Original post by Arsey
model solutions are now in the first post

Predicted grade boundaries? Thanks for the paper :smile:
not too bad of a paper 72/75, got 100% C3 so wasnt too concerned should be an A* now time for FP2.
Reply 54
I got around 58-62.

Considering I was failing massively in past papers I will take that!

Only needed around 50 UMS on this :P
Reply 55
Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I got y = 3x instead of y = 3/x by mistake.... got some stupid answer... how many marks am I going to loose? And pleaaase, what raw marks do you reckon you'd need for 82 UMS?? Think my A* s just gone, soo many silly mistakes :frown: gutted!
Reply 56
How much UMS would you reckon 65/75 would be? Really worried...
Haiyya, my calculations for the last bit are rift except I got lambda equals -7, so my final answer was wrong.. Also, I got y=
+-Root(9/4)but I substituted y=9/4 instead of 3/2by mistake :'( how many lost is that in total?
arsey, i got another set of answers for q6...something along the lines of x=3root3 over 10 and y=2root15 over 15...
Reply 59
Everyone at my school found this paper reaallyyy hard! I'm definitely not getting the A I need to get into uni :/

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending