The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Anyone going to Derby uni in september 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweetheartbreakin
Hi!
Really excited about doing American Studies! Do you remember what you did in the first year? What types of topics did you cover?

Hey, thats good! In our first year we did Hollywood Cinema, intro to American history (war of independence, civil war etc), american democracy (Governing America by Robert Singh (2003) is the book they reccomend for this), intro to American T.V, American photography, Atlantic world (slavery and trade), ethnic and immigrant literature and intro to american literature (as i lay dying, benito cereno etc.)

We used to do 8 modules a year but they have changed it to 6 so two of those wont be there anymore but not sure which and I think some have been changed a bit.
x
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by VirtualRealist
Hi, My name's Tom. I've just accepted an offer from Derby and just wanted to know who was going in September!:smile:

Hey, I'm going to Derby too :smile: What will you be studying?
Hey il be studying at derby in september, engineering and staying at peak court. If you want to see who is going o be saying in the same halls as you try looking on facebook, most of the halls have a page.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Is anyone else doing history or creative writing? im doing them both! also im a bit confused on accomodation i paid my booking fee, how do you guys know where youll be staying? ahhh so scared!! xx
Reply 84
Original post by Becki.ox
I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor :smile:

Hi,I have an interview at the end of the month in Derby (Diagnostic Radiography)
Could you please give me some advise regarding the interview day,specially about the written part of it.Thanks
is anyone else in denby lodge, lonsdale halls? im number 305 x
hey im Lauren (hopefully) doing History and Creative writive at derby in september and staying at lonsdale hall x
hey im Lauren doing history and creative writing and staying at lonsdale hall
Reply 88
Anyone doing English? Or staying at Princess Alice? Excited :biggrin:
[QUOTE="Becki.ox;37859906"]I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App[/QUOTE

I'll be on the 2nd floor in flat 7 I think :smile:
You're in the winners halls :P
I swear its just me in St. Christopher's haha!
I'm staying in St. Christophers doing Motorcycle engineering, please say someone else is in even the same building as me haha.

Ben
Reply 92
Original post by crustybandit
I swear its just me in St. Christopher's haha!

Promise you it's not! I live close by :smile:
I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor :smile:

I'll be on the second floor in flat 7, finally someone else in St. Christophers haha

Ben
Reply 94
Hi, my name is Becca, i will also be studying at derby in September to do the BEd Primary Education course :smile:..... Well that's if i get the grades :s-smilie:
Original post by CoffeeAndTV
Accepted my place to do journalism, and living in peak court flat 3 floor 3 :smile: and I'm Rachael by the way :smile:

Whey, i too have accepted to do journalism at Derby

I'm Steve - pleased to meet you (and every body else!)

=]

Hey Becki

I'm also studying Diagnostic Radiography this september at UoD. Did you meet your grades?
its all about St. Christopher's haha
Original post by beccamxx
Hi everyone :smile: i will also be studding at derby in September :biggrin: i will be doing the BEd primary education course (that's if i get my grades anyway :s-smilie:). is anyone else doing this course, I'd love to meet some people on it before i go!

hi, im doing this course too. Are you going for the Pre-induction day tomorrow?
Reply 99
Hi! I'll be studying Creative Expressive Therapies, specifically art, and I'm in St Christopher's! :smile: already unconditional cos I've been to uni once and am having another go so I've got all my grades!

Quick Reply

Latest