The Student Room Group

Biology Unit 5 22 June 2012 post exam discussion

Poll

Grade boundaries for an A

How did people think it went?
Reply 1
also did anybody mention actin myosin binding site for essay question 1?
Yeah i mentioned that.
is there an unofficial mark scheme up yet?
I haven't found one yet, but I thought it was actually quite a nice paper! The essay questions were really nice ones, I wasn't sure which one to choose, normally it's a case of omgomgomg I can't answer either of them, but I was pleasantly surprised with the ones we got.
However I spent way too long on the essay than I should have so my results may suffer a bit for that sadly :/ there were a few questions I didn't like, the question just before the essay about natural selection threw me off quite a bit, wasn't expecting that at all.
Sadly a lot of my friends found it quite nice/easy so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be quite high :frown:

EDIT: here's a discussion about it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1907313&page=168
Reply 4
It was an easy paper to be fair. I think i got about 65/75 in the first 9 questions and maybe 15 more marks in the essay coz i didnt really write it in a structured order! I wrote about the second one tho.
Reply 5
Tbh I found it quite easy even though I did very little prep for it, so expecting high boundaries, like 76 for an A
Reply 6
Original post by Full-UMS!
Tbh I found it quite easy even though I did very little prep for it, so expecting high boundaries, like 76 for an A

Nah itll be max 70.
Reply 7
Original post by wenger16
Nah itll be max 70.

wanna bet merrtt?
Does anyone know where I can find the edexcel UMS grade boundaries so I can work out what i need on this paper to get the grade I want? I can't find it anywhere!
I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised! I did the essay plan first and when I saw them, to begin with I was like; "Oooh, these look difficult". Then when I started brainstorming them, actually realised that the shapes one was AMAZING!! I was so happy with that. :')

The questions seemed okay too, I'm sure a few tripped me up at times and I know that I've got some wrong. Praying the mark scheme won't be stupidly specific though..

I'm thinking the grade boundaries will be quite high though sadly.. If it was 65 for an A last year, maybe 68? To be honest, whenever I think I've done well, I've usually got a low B-C. :L

I'm hoping I got an A, but if I got a B, I'd be equally chuffed.
Reply 10

So arrogant - you definitely did terribly and I hope you don't get in to uni.
Reply 11
Original post by gmjc
So arrogant - you definitely did terribly and I hope you don't get in to uni.

lol have I said anything wrong??
Most people found it quite easy, therefore the boundaries should increase...
And you're such a dick!
Reply 12
lol have I said anything wrong??
Most people found it quite easy, therefore the boundaries should increase...
And you're such a dick!

No, fool, it was the 'I did little prep for it but still got an A' comment which has caused me to loathe you - hence my use of the word 'arrogant'.
So, I've had a week to think about it and I'm beginning to think that I didn't do as well as I first thought.. :L
Reply 14
Anyone know where I could get a hold of the June 2012 Biology unit 5 paper AQA or the sort of questions that came up please
thankssssssssss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending