The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 23rd June 2011 SOLUTIONS IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mysterious Monstah
Thanks for posting the solutions :smile:

On question 2 I ended up getting k to equal 2, as I'd somehow managed to differentiate incorrectly :frown: That then meant I got the coefficient of x^3 wrong for part b, but got the other terms right. Do you know how many marks I'd lose for that?

For 5c. I only got up to putting w = [x + i(y+1) ] / [(3 - y) +ix ] would I get a mark for doing that?

The only other marks I think I lost were the last 2 for 8c, so I'm hoping I didn't lose too many others from Q2 or Q5.

For Q2, assuming you did some of the differentiation correctly, you will lose two. That will probably knock on to losing another in part b). So probably 3 altogether.

Question 5 you might get 1.

If we're harsh and say you lose 5 from q 5 and 3 from q 2; that's 10 altogether and gives 65/75. I reckon that's around 85-89ums.
Reply 81
Original post by flyboy786
giboo, how much marks would i loose if i done the same series approach posted in the previous page, i got up to canceling the values and then left it at that point,

how much you rekon ill get out of 5 marks??

thanks alot!!

If you did some method of differences then probably 3/5.
right i got 47 marks the same as your mark scheme, then the 1st question i put the -3<x<-2 & 0<(or equal to)x<6, and question 3 i divided everything by x found the pi then put it in forgetting that id divided lnx/x by x at the start integrated everything correctly but found an incorrect solution something like lnx/5 - 1/25 +kx^-5, and i found the 1st 2 solutions on question 7b (1.095, 2.046) not all 6 how many ums do you reckon i could have got on this paper realistically?
hey guys ...had a small doubt...can u tell me how many marks i would lose for the following errors.

1) in the diff eqn qsn i forgot to put the C (constant ) at the end
2) in the last qsn for the values of A, B i subsituted them wrong..but i did all the methods right just substituted them wrong
3) and in the last part for the value of t>30, cus i got wrong values for A,B i got it wrong, but my method of finding dx/dt was all right so can u pls tell me how many marks i will lose

PLS
thnx

also culd u tell me with only these little errors what wuld i get in terms of UMs? i am estimating 71/75 raw...after taking into account everything ? will that be 90+ in UMS? plss help ..i have to make my offer!!!
Reply 84
i estimate that i will take 64/75.As i saw is not enough in order to get A*.:angry:

But in what papers i must get 90/100 and over to take A*?
i think that is c3,c4 and FP2 but i am not sure.

also i must take 90/100 and over in this tree papers or i must have 270 points in total.?
example:frown:c3: 90 c4: 85 fp2: 95)
Original post by antreas
i estimate that i will take 64/75.As i saw is not enough in order to get A*.:angry:

But in what papers i must get 90/100 and over to take A*?
i think that is c3,c4 and FP2 but i am not sure.

also i must take 90/100 and over in this tree papers or i must have 270 points in total.?
example:frown:c3: 90 c4: 85 fp2: 95)

For Futher Maths you cannot use the Core Maths modules like C3 and C4 to get A*.

For FM, you need an average of 90% across 3 A2 modules eg. FP2,FP3,M2,M3,S2,S3,D2 etc. to get an A* or 270 marks in total in other words.
Reply 86
for pure mathematics(c1,c2,c3,c4,fp1,fp2,).what papers i must take 90/100 and over in order to take A*?

fp2,c3 and c4?
Reply 87
Original post by antreas
for pure mathematics(c1,c2,c3,c4,fp1,fp2,).what papers i must take 90/100 and over in order to take A*?

fp2,c3 and c4?

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending