The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

OMG yes thank you :biggrin: will rep you when I can
love your tumblr btw
Reply 441
Original post by HFerguson
OMG yes thank you :biggrin: will rep you when I can
love your tumblr btw

Oh I am so glad it is the one! Thank you :smile: Weee I am so happy I helped :biggrin:
It has a scene where some chinese guy finds out the elephant he spent so much time with and loved during childhood as well, has been killed and stuffed and gold -plated etc. So he goes ballistic and starts breaking the bones of all the guards.
Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 443
Original post by areebmazhar
It has a scene where some chinese guy finds out the elephant he spent so much time with and loved during childhood as well, has been killed and stuffed and gold -plated etc. So he goes ballistic and starts breaking the bones of all the guards.
Thanks for any help :smile:

The Protector?

Also called 'Warrior King'. Seems to have different names for US and UK
Original post by Tommyjw
The Protector?

Also called 'Warrior King'. Seems to have different names for US and UK

Yes that was it, many thanks :smile:
Watch Ong Bak as well, if you liked that film.
Dumbo 2.
Reply 447
Original post by Jorddds
OK this might sound odd...

I watched this a few years ago so lacking in detail. I cant even remember if its any good or not but it came to my head the other day and I still cant think :tongue:

These group of people are in like a lab place... not sure how they got there. And theres a man and woman there who looks after them, and its qute sexual. But this man and woman are actually like professors, and they are trying to create something but its not working. I think they inject a girl in the group on a bed and her body vibrates and explodes.

I told you it sounded odd, LOL.

Sounds possibly a bit like Pathology (2008), but don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I saw it. I just remember them being in a lab, very sexual and people dying (broad spectrum but it's an attempt). Hope this helps!
Reply 448
Original post by paandoraa
Sounds possibly a bit like Pathology (2008), but don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I saw it. I just remember them being in a lab, very sexual and people dying (broad spectrum but it's an attempt). Hope this helps!

Nope but Ive seen that with Milo :smile:
During the 90s or early 00s I watched a particularly bizare film, I do not have it and I do not know the title. I really hope someone on TSR can help identify it.

The plot is about a small boy, child about 11 ish years old. The story centres on his adventures in a bizare reality featuring 'gods little helpers' like creatures, they could be elves but I do not know.

Although I can not remember the actual story, I can remember some scenes, such as one towards the beginning where the 'elves' pushed the boys bedroom wall info infinity! I remember a scene involving a cage and some labrynth type maze over a dark chasm, the 'elves' were excited about a prize which was a washing machine, the boy tried futilely to warn them that it was a trap. The final battle involved a demon like creature though he looked very much like a human. The battle basically involved him vs every random fantastical creature imaginable, including tanks and thousands of archers. I remember he disables 2 attackers by spinning them around with his hair?! The last scene involved 'God?' turning this guy into a lump of coal, and refusing to let the boy become a 'helper'. We then move back to reality with the boys house burning down and the parents monaing that they should have saved every trivial item they can think off. They do save the microwave which contains the coal, which the boy shouts 'is EVIL!' the parents stupidly touch it and get blown up, and the film ends.

I should make it clear, this is not a horror film. It is suitable for children I think, and should be either a U or PG.

Now this may sound like some kind of ketimin induced dream sequence, but it is a real film. I really want to identify it so I might watch it again :P

Please help!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 450
Was this real actors or animation?
Time Bandits is the film you're looking for.
Original post by Clip
Was this real actors or animation?

Real
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Time Bandits is the film you're looking for.

YES thats it, thankyou!
Reply 454
This is a German film, if I remember it right. It is about zombie, there are a young boy and a man trying to survive in a block of flats and trying to reach a man's girlfriend by phone. It appears that the man has come to the city to find his girl, and in the end of the film he finds her with her new boyfriend in the loft. In the end of the film, his girlfriend is bitten and he sacrifices himself to let the young boy escape.

Does anybody know what is it called?
I was browsing IMDB on a friends PC when I noticed a film I liked the look of after reading the synopsis. I read the title and thought I'd remember it and then come home and watch it, but i can't remember what it's called!

I can't remember much of the synopsis, just something about a teen/young adult leaving everything behind to go on a journey and along the way meets certain characters that have an impact on he's life. It's a recent film too

Can anyone put me out of my misery please?
Original post by itsmyname
I was browsing IMDB on a friends PC when I noticed a film I liked the look of after reading the synopsis. I read the title and thought I'd remember it and then come home and watch it, but i can't remember what it's called!

I can't remember much of the synopsis, just something about a teen/young adult leaving everything behind to go on a journey and along the way meets certain characters that have an impact on he's life. It's a recent film too

Can anyone put me out of my misery please?

Sounds a bit like 'Into the Wild.'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/synopsis
Original post by El Nombre
Sounds a bit like 'Into the Wild.'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/synopsis

Awesome, thanks for that :biggrin:
geeez most of the movies requested to be identified here are like thrillers or horror kind... and reading through this forum makes me feel like TSR peeps have seriously watched every film on the planet. i mean, you guys can even identify them with only the most vague descriptions. i'm impressed :eek:
I watched this film where some terrorist poisoned the food going to some dinner/meeting/party, then attended the scene disguised as a paramedic and abandoned his medical bag which was spraying out more poison. The film was set in a British city. It really freaked me out at the time, I couldn't have been older than 8 :colondollar: .

Bonus Round

Some guys (terrorists?) in chemical suits and gas masks are connecting hoses from a tanker with some kind of toxic stuff in it when it suddenly begins to spray out. One guy is caught in the cloud, he stumbles to the ground and his mask falls off. His mates close some doors on him and when he is unconscious a guy comes in and shoots him. Lovely.

I can normally identify films but these two have been bugging me for ages. Anyone who gets either will be my new god :biggrin:

Quick Reply