The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP!! Applied Science A-level and pharmacy

hey everyone :biggrin:

im just wondering if universities accept students in school of pharmacy if they have A-level Applied science and a biology a-level?
so im doing french,business,applied science and biology a-level.
will universities still accept me to study pharmacy with these a-levels?because as you know chemistry is the most important but i failed chemistry so i dropped it and i've always wanted to study pharmacy :frown:

thank you very much :smile: xx
I think many places would want you to do chemistry, but the best thing to do is to actually email the universities you want to go to. As you failed chemistry, and as that's a requirement for pharmacy - you may not be able to keep up with the workload. You can see if you could do something such as a foundation degree, which is an extra year but can lead you do a pharmacy degree if you do not have the correct qualifications. :smile:
Reply 2
It will limit your options but hopefully you will find somewhere. Some universities don't accept Applied A Levels or will only accept one Applied subject and two others but as you're doing 4 A Levels, you should be fine (your Business A Level isn't applied, right?)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I am not an expert, but I expect that universities will accept a biology A level for studying pharmacy. Chemistry will probably be desired as well, although applied science probably will be accepted it may not be preferred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending