The Student Room Group

Pulled into a one way street HELP IM WORRIED

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steezy
I wish this was the pinnacle of my life worries.

:rofl: brilliant post, this just cracked me up thanks :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by silverbolt
In what way?

And dont worry OP it was an accident

Someone who drove down a one way road, which could possibly have been a motorway slip road, has been deemed safe to drive on the roads on their own.

Downright dangerous and i hope i never meet someone this dozy.

What if she hadn't of realised when she did?
I seriously doubt they have the time or inclination if you didnt cause a multiple pile up
Reply 23
This could easily have read:

Hi everyone,
please can you give me any guidance.

i drove my friend into an oncoming car today, coming home i pulled into a one way street about to go the other way and then realised the one way sign so i went back to look at the written off car and injured children. i really went half a car length into the road before crashing straight into oncoming traffic! There was a camera and i was not the only car on the road. Will i go to prison? i;ve only been driving a week LOL!! OMG i'm sh**ing myself!

Yes, LOL OMG!!1 those poor children..
I'm sure there would be road signs to point out it was a one way, e.g no left turn or no right turn due to the one way system. Mistakes do happen but try and take more awareness of the surroundings and anticipate ahead.
Original post by james1211
Someone who drove down a one way road, which could possibly have been a motorway slip road, has been deemed safe to drive on the roads on their own.

but she did realise. and it was an accident. She corrected that mistake.I guess your one of those perfect drivers who never made an error in thier life right?

and yeah motorway slip roads - there the same as a residential one way :rolleyes:
I once used a one way street to do a three point turn from a main road.
I parked at the corner and reversed a couple metres into the street, just enough to turn around.
I didn't even pass the no entry signs. A police car saw this and pulled me.
I hadn't realised this was an an offence. Anyway, he breathalised me then let me off.

[EDIT]Actually it was the other other way around. I reversed into a one way street to turn around.
So when i went forwards I was technically going the wrong way. Again I had not passed the one way signs.
(edited 11 years ago)
You'll be fine.

Wind your neck in, it is in no way comparable to driving the wrong way down a motorway slip road. Yes it was a silly mistake but calm down :rolleyes:

As for the bit in bold, she did realise what she had done, so asking "what if she hadn't" is a waste of time.
Reply 29
driving down one way streets is so fun, you have to strategically plan where you will go to the side of the road to let the other users pass.

Edit: driving down a motorway exit is, however, idiotic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Nooo there usually needs to be a police car to catch you doing it for you to get in trouble. My friend went the wrong way up a one way junction and caused traffic mayhem and still didn't get in trouble. You will be fine :smile:
Reply 31
This could easily have read:

Hi everyone,
please can you give me any guidance.

i drove my friend into an oncoming car today, coming home i pulled into a one way street about to go the other way and then realised the one way sign so i went back to look at the written off car and injured children. i really went half a car length into the road before crashing straight into oncoming traffic! There was a camera and i was not the only car on the road. Will i go to prison? i;ve only been driving a week LOL!! OMG i'm sh**ing myself!

Yes, LOL OMG!!1 those poor children..

I actually ROFL'd at this.

But yes, driving the wrong way up a one-way street is a major felony and I suspect you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...
In what way?

And dont worry OP it was an accident

In that it is yet another person who has a driving license but seems unable to obey basic road signs.
Original post by mackemforever
In that it is yet another person who has a driving license but seems unable to obey basic road signs.

oh good another wondrous driver who makes the stig look like a blind kid in a soap box and has never EVER EVER EVER made a mistake in his driving life (assuming of course you even drive).
Reply 34
oh good another wondrous driver who makes the stig look like a blind kid in a soap box and has never EVER EVER EVER made a mistake in his driving life (assuming of course you even drive).

To be fair if you cant understand road signs then you shouldn't be on the road.

People make mistakes but this is pretty basic.
**** happens! i went down a one way street the wrong way haha! it was an accident and there was a big sign but i still managed to miss it lmao!
Reply 36
Was it London?

London councils have the ability to fine you for things like this, it's non endorsable, but the fine can be as much as £165. Outside of London* councils can only fine for parking

Police won't use cameras (other than speed and red light cameras), so they would've pulled you over.

What type of "one way street" was it?

Some signs are legal, others aren't, some are a £30 fine, some are £60+3 points, some require legal documents (TROs), others don't, some 'special' signs require DFT authorisation, some don't etc.

* to be clear, by London I mean LLAs, which is actually a very huge area and extends way beyond what most people would call London
Reply 37
Original post by spyka
Was it London?

London councils have the ability to fine you for things like this, it's non endorsable, but the fine can be as much as £165. Outside of London* councils can only fine for parking

Police won't use cameras (other than speed and red light cameras), so they would've pulled you over.

What type of "one way street" was it?

Some signs are legal, others aren't, some are a £30 fine, some are £60+3 points, some require legal documents (TROs), others don't, some 'special' signs require DFT authorisation, some don't etc.

* to be clear, by London I mean LLAs, which is actually a very huge area and extends way beyond what most people would call London

Thats not true

You get fined for driving in bus lanes in Manchester. This is enforced by Cameras operated by the council.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending