The Student Room Group

Farming Experience!

Heya everyone,

Im currently in year 11 trying to get some farm experience in the summer.. the placement i did have fell through after they double booked me.. sigh.
Ive contacted nearly every farm nearby and most just ignore my emails, phone calls which is rather annoying.. grrr.

So does anybody know of any good farms in the Hampshire area, or even Surrey or Berkshire. Im willing to travel or even camp somewhere for the week! I just want the opportunity!

Ah.. So if anyone does know of any i would be incredibly grateful!

Thanks,
Lucilou101
Reply 1
Have you tried going to one of the farms you've contacted to ask?
Farmers are usually quite busy, so may not be ignoring you on purpose.
I got my farm placement by seeing the farmer id tried to get into contact with on my abattoir placement, we got chatting and ive ended up lambing with him for the past 2 years.
Dont give up, if you still cant get hold of anyone you could try asking your local vets ect if they know anyone aswell

Hope that helps a little :smile:
Reply 2
Do any of you know when the lambing season usually is?
March/April? Or later?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lucilou101
Heya everyone,

Im currently in year 11 trying to get some farm experience in the summer.. the placement i did have fell through after they double booked me.. sigh.
Ive contacted nearly every farm nearby and most just ignore my emails, phone calls which is rather annoying.. grrr.

So does anybody know of any good farms in the Hampshire area, or even Surrey or Berkshire. Im willing to travel or even camp somewhere for the week! I just want the opportunity!

Ah.. So if anyone does know of any i would be incredibly grateful!

Thanks,
Lucilou101

These guys are in Overton and take a lot of work exp students

http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/
Reply 4
Original post by Nessie162
Do any of you know when the lambing season usually is?
March/April? Or later?

Lambing season usually starts mid-march until end of april/early may. obviously there are a few sheep farmers that usually start lambing before/continue lambing after this period, but most lambing periods are within this time :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by kirstymae01
Lambing season usually starts mid-march until end of april/early may. obviously there are a few sheep farmers that usually start lambing before/continue lambing after this period, but most lambing periods are within this time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending