The Student Room Group

Gifts for Teachers

So, any ideas? I thought of buying a book for my english teacher and looked at everything from the classics (she's probably read them all), poetry (maybe a little awkward?), contemporary (not to her taste, perhaps?), humour/witty stuffs (also maybe not to her taste), mills and boon (she jokes about them in class, but I don't want to be the one who gives her a novel where in chapter 15 someone's corset gets ripped off and they make passionate love to some long-haired fellow - major awkwardness!). Any ideas? Also for art/french teachers? And is bath and body stuff a bad/weird idea? Thanks! :-)
Reply 1
A good old fashioned mug never goes wrong. We gave our Chemistry teacher a funky Chemistry-themed one in year 11 and he uses it everyday. Plus they'll think of you when they go to have a tea/coffee :biggrin:

We also bought our Physics teacher this tie this year :cool:

(edited 11 years ago)
Thanks, they're great ideas, but my teachers are all women, so . . . out goes the tie idea. Will think about the mug. Any others?
Original post by PardonMyFrench96
Thanks, they're great ideas, but my teachers are all women, so . . . out goes the tie idea. Will think about the mug. Any others?

We get a lot of mugs. A heartfelt card is the best thing, with something consumable if you can't think of something permanent. Personally, I'm good with scarves. You can always fit into a scarf.
For a man - conservative coloured Turnbull and Asser tie.

For a woman - possibly some sort of hamper with coffee/preserves/chocolates or the like. Harvey Nichols do some decent relatively cheap ones.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
For a man - conservative coloured Turnbull and Asser tie.

For a woman - possibly some sort of hamper with coffee/preserves/chocolates or the like. Harvey Nichols do some decent relatively cheap ones.

I must say, I like the sound of you.:biggrin:
Reply 6

Ah understandable :tongue: personally I think the bath stuff may be a little strange to give a teacher 'cause that's normally what you give a friend but you can if you want to :smile: how about, for your English teacher, a nice notebook she can use to jot down ideas or poems or things which English teachers often do? If not a box of chocolates always goes down well with the female teachers in particular, or maybe even a bottle of wine, either would be greatly appreciated after a long year! :cute:
Reply 7
a perfume, maybe? just a thought
Well, my lit teacher likes gardening so we got her a plant and personalised chocolates + card

Then my other lit teacher is constantly drinking coffee, so we got her a huge jar of coffee granules, an owl mug and a coffee pot + card.

For our biology teacher we got a giant millie's cookie that said thanks miss on it + card.

We got wine and cake for our chem teacher.

And for our form teacher we made him a scrap book, bought him some chilian wine and a book about the history of south america because he's the spanish teacher and loves anything to do with Latin America :')
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bluemax
a perfume, maybe? just a thought

Lol, it may suggest they, you know, have hygiene issues. But the main problem is, perfume is really subjective. :-)
I'm having the exact same problem. I want to get something for my history teacher who has taught me through KS3, GCSE and A Level. He is an outstanding teacher and really nice as well- he's even taking our A2 class to the pub next week and buying us all a drink. So what do you get a history teacher?! I'm sure he already has an assortment of 'Worlds Best Teacher' mugs and the like, and I think I would prefer to get something a bit more personal? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by britchick
Ah understandable :tongue: personally I think the bath stuff may be a little strange to give a teacher 'cause that's normally what you give a friend but you can if you want to :smile: how about, for your English teacher, a nice notebook she can use to jot down ideas or poems or things which English teachers often do? If not a box of chocolates always goes down well with the female teachers in particular, or maybe even a bottle of wine, either would be greatly appreciated after a long year! :cute:

Bath stuff is fine. It's never seemed odd to me. I've had some really lovely notebooks over the years. The main thing is a card, though. A few nice words are always appreciated.
Reply 12
Lol, it may suggest they, you know, have hygiene issues. But the main problem is, perfume is really subjective. :-)

a pink panther or a mickey mouse wrist watch :tongue: will seem cute and no way flirty :wink:
Reply 13
For my english teacher I wrote out one of her favourite poems in nice script, with a friend doing an illustration of it. I also gave her a nice bookmark from eBay
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending