The Student Room Group

eBay "send invoice"

Hi guys-sorry for posting here, but thought it was worth a shot.

Just sold something for the first time on ebay-my account is attached to paypal etc. On the selling tab for the item all the icons are greyed out (understandably) and next to it it says 'send payment details'. So basically I need to send an invoice with my pp address right? Does this mean the buyer wasn't able to pay instantly?

Bit confused-any help appreciated, cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fnm
Hi guys-sorry for posting here, but thought it was worth a shot.

Just sold something for the first time on ebay-my account is attached to paypal etc. On the selling tab for the item all the icons are greyed out (understandably) and next to it it says 'send payment details'. So basically I need to send an invoice with my pp address right? Does this mean the buyer wasn't able to pay instantly?

Bit confused-any help appreciated, cheers :smile:

There's no need to send anything; they should already have the option to make payment. If you've not been paid in a couple of days then drop them a reminder message.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary
There's no need to send anything; they'll already have the option to make payment. If you've not been paid in a couple of days then drop them a reminder message.

Thanks for the help! Wasn't sure if the buyer was now waiting on me so he/she could pay. Wait and see now I guess:s-smilie:
Original post by fnm
Thanks for the help! Wasn't sure if the buyer was now waiting on me so he/she could pay. Wait and see now I guess:s-smilie:

You can use an invoice as a prompt, but otherwise you'd usually only need it if you wanted to change something/add a discount (e.g., for combined postage).
Reply 4
You can use an invoice as a prompt, but otherwise you'd usually only need it if you wanted to change something/add a discount (e.g., for combined postage).

Ah, ok, thank you! So if I did do a prompt it can be basic like congrats with my email to pay?

I take it I don't need to 'do' anything paypal-wise then as in request money?

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it
Original post by fnm
Ah, ok, thank you! So if I did do a prompt it can be basic like congrats with my email to pay?

I take it I don't need to 'do' anything paypal-wise then as in request money?

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it

Yep, assuming that your PayPal account is all set up and linked to your eBay account.

You might like to read this page for some background, though it doesn't directly answer your original question: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/buyer-invoice.html
Reply 6
Yep, assuming that your PayPal account is all set up and linked to your eBay account.

You might like to read this page for some background, though it doesn't directly answer your original question: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/buyer-invoice.html

That's great. Yeah I've done a lot of buying but only recently needed to sell something. There's no way I can see the email that ebay sent to the seller then? Or is it just assuming it's always done? (I know some of these qs may be really stupid but you've been amazing help so far ha).

Fantastic, I'll bookmark that:tongue:
Original post by fnm
That's great. Yeah I've done a lot of buying but only recently needed to sell something. There's no way I can see the email that ebay sent to the seller then? Or is it just assuming it's always done? (I know some of these qs may be really stupid but you've been amazing help so far ha).

Fantastic, I'll bookmark that:tongue:

Nah, you can't see that email but it'll always be sent out - and in any case, any even vaguely experienced buyer should know that they have time pay, and how to do so. Especially if this was an auction rather than "buy it now" a delay in payment is quite usual.
Reply 8
Nah, you can't see that email but it'll always be sent out - and in any case, any even vaguely experienced buyer should know that they have time pay, and how to do so. Especially if this was an auction rather than "buy it now" a delay in payment is quite usual.

That's fantastic. Really, really appreciate your help. I'll rep you more when possible. Hopefully will all go smoothly! Thanks:smile:
Reply 9
x

So I received the money(and had the fee taken off it) now just to send it :smile:
So that money in my account is now my paypal funds right? I can leave it in there, I assume if I buy anything else on ebay those will be used up??
Thanks so much.
Original post by fnm
So I received the money(and had the fee taken off it) now just to send it :smile:
So that money in my account is now my paypal funds right? I can leave it in there, I assume if I buy anything else on ebay those will be used up??
Thanks so much.

Yep, you should have the option to use that money in a future purchase.
Reply 11
Yep, you should have the option to use that money in a future purchase.

So I sent it recorded signed for a week ago but it's still being processed, buyer isn't too happy (fair enough):frown:

If I want to refund him via paypal, do I need to add extra funds? Because at the moment I only have the funds I received minus the amount pp charges?

Sorry for all these questions.
Original post by fnm
So I sent it recorded signed for a week ago but it's still being processed, buyer isn't too happy (fair enough):frown:

If I want to refund him via paypal, do I need to add extra funds? Because at the moment I only have the funds I received minus the amount pp charges?

Sorry for all these questions.

If you give a refund, the associated PayPal fees are credited back to you.
Reply 13
If you give a refund, the associated PayPal fees are credited back to you.

But if I've used some of the fees in the mean time are the rest taken from my bank:s-smilie:

Thanks for the reply:smile:
Original post by fnm
But if I've used some of the fees in the mean time are the rest taken from my bank:s-smilie:

Thanks for the reply:smile:

If your bank account is linked, yep :yy:
Reply 15
If your bank account is linked, yep :yy:

EDIT: sorted haha. realised I hadn't payed my final fee. did a one time payment, hopefully that worked :s-smilie: can i get this money refunded if i refund the seller?
(edited 11 years ago)
The eBay fee? Yes, but you'll need to request through eBay that the buyer confirms that the transaction was cancelled.
Reply 17
The eBay fee? Yes, but you'll need to request through eBay that the buyer confirms that the transaction was cancelled.

thanks-so i need to go to the resolution centre after i refund and begin the cancelling process to do that?

or after the refund is rep left like a usual transaction?

sorry i can't leave more rep :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fnm
thanks-so i need to go to the resolution centre after i refund and begin the cancelling process to do that?

or after the refund is rep left like a usual transaction?

sorry i can't leave more rep :frown:

This should explain for you: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html :smile:
I have sold an item on ebay it was a "buy it now" item is it normal for the buyer to take a few days to pay or should I wait until the item has been paid for??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending