The Student Room Group

why TSR does he not like me back!

me and guy fancy each other. When he sees me he lights up, gives me a hug and finds any excuse to touch me- arm on back. We went out, got on so well, hugged, kissed, held hands. Im a virgin by the way. He knows i like him as more than a friend because when im drunk ill ask him to be my boyfriend and stuff :colondollar:

He always says no. But then he moans how much he wants a girlfriend. He sometimes talks like ''if you were my girlfriend...'' but then he refuses to be my boyfriend if i mention it.

Ive resorted now to saying im happy single- which I am, i just fancy him so much :frown:

we are really close friends and he always tells me im really hot and i can tell he fancies me a lot- just how he looks at me. We have the best laugh ever when we're together. He trusts me a lot (im the only 1 that knows some things about him).

I know people talk about a spark but we got on so well and he finds me attractive so i dont see the problem?

We've been friends just less than a year so its not like hes scared of losing that. :frown:
Reply 1
He's afraid of your Dad.
Original post by Anonymous
me and guy fancy each other. When he sees me he lights up, gives me a hug and finds any excuse to touch me- arm on back. We went out, got on so well, hugged, kissed, held hands. Im a virgin by the way. He knows i like him as more than a friend because when im drunk ill ask him to be my boyfriend and stuff :colondollar:

He always says no. But then he moans how much he wants a girlfriend. He sometimes talks like ''if you were my girlfriend...'' but then he refuses to be my boyfriend if i mention it.

Ive resorted now to saying im happy single- which I am, i just fancy him so much :frown:

we are really close friends and he always tells me im really hot and i can tell he fancies me a lot- just how he looks at me. We have the best laugh ever when we're together. He trusts me a lot (im the only 1 that knows some things about him).

I know people talk about a spark but we got on so well and he finds me attractive so i dont see the problem?

We've been friends just less than a year so its not like hes scared of losing that. :frown:

His shy, and probz never had gf, so he might be afraid.. he likes you tho.
Reply 3
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
His shy, and probz never had gf, so he might be afraid.. he likes you tho.

he had a girlfriend of 5 years- they broke up last year.

he has slept with a lot of girls- about 25. I know this as fact.

part of me thinks hes scared of commitment, but then he gets in things with other girls and rubs it in my face how hes got a new girlfriend, then he breaks up with them a few weeks later.
Reply 4
Some things are just not meant to be tragically (or he may think you are a gold digger).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
why no sensible replies.

He knows im not a gold digger, we go halves on everythin when we're out.
Reply 6
Maybe its just harmless flirting. He probably doesn't even see you as nothing more than a friend. If he liked you then he would be with you in an instant because if you really think about it...you are pretty much giving it to him on a plate.
Reply 7
It may he hard but try asking him where you stand with him. If your closeness and attraction is really as blatant as you've said, he'll have to give you some sort of answer as to whether he sees you as no more than a friend, if he's just not ready or if he does like you etc.
Sit him down and ASK HIM
If he goes from girl to girl like that and most of his relationships turn out to be short term then maybe he is just refusing to date you because he's scared of hurting you.
Reply 10
its stupid, ive asked him several times where i stand and his answer is 'i dont know' and if i push it he gets moody
He rather sounds like he's stringing you along to me.

You say he's just come out of a 5 year relationship so he's probably not looking for another one just yet, however he may well enjoy the attention you're giving him.

However he's not being honest with you, if he genuinely liked you you'd probably be together by now, or if he liked you but really wasn't ready for another serious relationship he'd probably have told you that out straight as well.

And if he didn't like you but was a decent and genuine friend he'd have told you where you stood out straight by now.

It may be tough but I think you need to cut your losses here. Get rid. He's no true friend to be leading you on like this and he clearly doesn't feel the same way as you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending