The Student Room Group

Tutoring

Hi,
I've just finished my first year at University, and, apart from a couple of weeks of holiday, have very little planned for the Summer. So, I thought it might be a good idea to get a job, and tutoring seemed like a reasonable idea, given that it pays well and matches my skill set.
Of course, there is the issue that the time for which I'm available is one where I imagine the demand for tutoring is pretty low, and I have no experience (though I have always been very good at explaining things to people and I think I'd be good at the job), though I do have a lot of academic achievement to flash at parents ( 11 A*s at GCSE, 4 A*s at A Level, first in first year at Oxbridge).
So, I was just wondering if people thought there might be any demand for my services (I'd be interesting in GCSE and A Level Maths, Physics and Chemistry mainly), and the best way to go about advertising them and procuring clients (googling gives lots of dodgy looking agencies).
Reply 1
Original post by Reformatsky
Hi,
I've just finished my first year at University, and, apart from a couple of weeks of holiday, have very little planned for the Summer. So, I thought it might be a good idea to get a job, and tutoring seemed like a reasonable idea, given that it pays well and matches my skill set.
Of course, there is the issue that the time for which I'm available is one where I imagine the demand for tutoring is pretty low, and I have no experience (though I have always been very good at explaining things to people and I think I'd be good at the job), though I do have a lot of academic achievement to flash at parents ( 11 A*s at GCSE, 4 A*s at A Level, first in first year at Oxbridge).
So, I was just wondering if people thought there might be any demand for my services (I'd be interesting in GCSE and A Level Maths, Physics and Chemistry mainly), and the best way to go about advertising them and procuring clients (googling gives lots of dodgy looking agencies).

I believe a friend of mine put adverts on Gumtree? You could also try at your old college/high school, pass on some information to an old teacher perhaps and they could link you with students. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending